corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Opinions on this house (first time buying)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Opinions on this house (first time buying)
Thoday

User status: Offline
   16th Mar 08 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evening all,

Long time speak to those old skool on here

I am looking to buy on my own and would appreciate a few comments.

A much improved and well presented end terrace property with the benefit of a conservatory. The accommodation comprises: lounge, refitted kitchen, conservatory, bedroom with fitted wardrobes, refitted bathroom, enclosed rear garden and a garage in a nearby block.

Accommodation
uPVC double glazed front door to:

LOUNGE
12' max x 11' 2" (3.66m x 3.40m)
uPVC double glazed window to front, stairs rise to first floor, understairs storage area, laminate wood effect flooring, double radiator, coving to ceiling, televison aerial and telephone points, open plan to kitchen.

KITCHEN
12' x 6' 7" (3.66m x 2.01m)
A modern refitted kitchen with single bowl sink unit with mixer tap, range of units at base and eye level, three tier drawer unit, rolled edge work surfaces, tiled surrounds, spaces for cooker, washing machine, tumble dryer and upright fridge/freezer, cooker hood, uPVC double glazed window to rear, door to conservatory, larder cupboard, laminate wood effect flooring, coving to ceiling.

CONSERVATORY
12' 5" x 7' 5" (3.78m x 2.26m)
uPVC double glazed conservatory on dwarf brick wall, double French doors opening onto rear garden, two opening windows, ceramic tiled floor, double radiator, light dimmer switch.

FIRST FLOOR
LANDING
Panelled doors to bedroom and bathroom, panelled door to cupboard housing gas combination boiler serving domestic hot water and central heating with slatted shelving over, storage cupboard with hanging rail and shelving, coving to ceiling, access to loft via hatch.

BEDROOM
12' x 8' 11" (3.66m x 2.72m)
uPVC double glazed window to front, built-in double wardrobe with hanging rail, shelving and light, built-in single wardrobe with hanging rail, shelving and light, double radiator, coving to ceiling.

BATHROOM
Refitted white suite comprising wood panelled bath with shower unit over, pedestal wash basin, low level WC, tiling to water sensitive areas, uPVC double glazed opaque window to rear, extractor fan.

OUTSIDE
GARAGE/PARKING
Garage in block with up and over door, parking space in front.

FRONT GARDEN
Open plan laid to lawn, path to front door.

REAR GARDEN
Shingle and paved patio to rear, small area laid to lawn, decking area to rear, panelled fencing to boundaries, shed with light and power, outside tap, gated access to front.

Postcode is HP, an up and coming town with main links to London an hour a way.

£156,950, looking at offering £150,000 as a cheeky first offer

[Edited on 16-03-2008 by Thoday]

[Edited on 16-03-2008 by Thoday]
Thoday

16th Mar 08 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-19165559.rsp?pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

full link as cannot get other photos to show
neoquip

16th Mar 08 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

offer £148k
then the might say if you come to £151k you can have it.

I bet they are more than likely wanting £155k seeing theres asking price is £157k

house looks nice, is it at the end against a public footpath...... if so where doe that go to?

will you get yobs passing your windows on the way to hang around a park/street corner??
Thoday

16th Mar 08 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is just a pathway to another cul-de-sac, no side windows and area is quite from walking round at night. thanks for the comment though!
myke

16th Mar 08 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello mate
Looks pretty nice.

Is that near the hospital?
Only things that would concern me are the front door leading straight into the lounge, and that you'll need a pretty quiet washing machine as it's open plan.
C2RL R

17th Mar 08 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

green tiles and blue worktops dont go together too well do they!
Brett
Premium Member

17th Mar 08 at 15:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the scale of things, the colour of some cheap-ass tiles doesn't really matter does it. £50 + elbow grease, easy fix.
C2RL R

17th Mar 08 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was an observation.
ash_corsa

17th Mar 08 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks nice mate, id be happy with that for my 1st time buy! would be a bit cheaper down here though!
Go for it mate
Thoday

17th Mar 08 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys, thanks for the comments. TBH if i only have to change some tiles to keep you lot happy then im over the moon

Mike, yes near the Hospital. Hope your doing ok mate

£152,000 hopefully accepted
neoquip

17th Mar 08 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

knock another £1k off cus it needs a new kitchen.
ash_corsa

17th Mar 08 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by neoquip
knock another £1k off cus it needs a new kitchen.

Worktops and tiles aint a new kitchen!

I agree tho, offer £150k
BlueCorsa

17th Mar 08 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not to my taste but looks OK. Just one bedroom? Might be a bit on the small side?
Jill
Premium Member

18th Mar 08 at 08:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BlueCorsa
Not to my taste but looks OK. Just one bedroom? Might be a bit on the small side?

Yeah same as- definitely not to my taste (but hey at the end of the day I'm not the one who is going to be living there! ) I think IMHO it's a bit overpriced for the general location and the fact that it's a one bedroom house Also as someone said previously it looks like the klitchen needs re-doing at some point. For that amount of money you could get a two bedroom flat (ok it's not a house but it's your first property after all isn't it, not like you're going to live there forever!). Plus with the second bedroom you have the scope to possibly rent it out (extra money towards your mortgage etc) and/or have it as a spare bedroom when people stay over etc etc. £150k could get you a nice two bed flat in fairford leys, watermead, friarscroft way, poets chase etc etc. Up to £160k somewhere like coy court, old bus station, flats near the weavers (can't remember what they're called). Just did a quick search on rightmove for you.

Anyway, good luck whatever you decide!

JILL
Robbo

18th Mar 08 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One beds are not a good buy atm either what with the credit cruch... your typical sales audience are young people, FTB's etc... who are gonna seriously struggle to get credit atm!

New Poll