corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Cheltenham Festival 11-14th March

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cheltenham Festival 11-14th March
strick206

User status: Offline
12th Mar 08 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richie B
Nice one strick. Good few quid back?

What tips for today? I only have one

Yeah, i had a decent day with 2 winners and a placed in every race

I had a couple for today, but it's been abondoned which is a bitch as now i'll be spending more than i wanted to in one day, as all the races are bunched together
Jill
Premium Member

12th Mar 08 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
I had a couple for today, but it's been abondoned which is a bitch as now i'll be spending more than i wanted to in one day, as all the races are bunched together

Ahhh but you have to speculate to accumulate hehe

Who you looking at for tomorrow? Where's Matthew when you need him

JILL

[Edited on 12-03-2008 by Jill]
strick206

12th Mar 08 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does Matthew just get you the odds?

One min, I'll have a look what races are on tomorrow and give you my selections
RyanSxi

12th Mar 08 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like you lot are always winning to me. What your secret as I always lose
Jill
Premium Member

12th Mar 08 at 13:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Study the form, do your research, um bit of luck doesn't hurt I guess I don't know...?!

JILL
Richie B

12th Mar 08 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
Does Matthew just get you the odds?

One min, I'll have a look what races are on tomorrow and give you my selections

RyanSxi

12th Mar 08 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When people say study the form tho, do you look to see its last placings and what sort of ground it ran on? Ive never undertood the firm to soft etc part
MarkM

12th Mar 08 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its how hard or soft the ground is or was when it last run...

When I study form I look at:

1. Placings of last few races
2. Type of ground it was ran on - As some horse have actions that suit a type of going and simply some just prefer a certain going...some like turf...others like the all weather (Wolverhampton)
3. The group of race it was previously run in - Group 1 being high class fields Group 3 being not so good. So a horse winning lots of group 1 races is a very good horse, group 3 not so good.
4. The class of race it is about to run in. So for example a horse doing well in Group 1 races who drops down to group 2 for a race has a good chance of winning. Where as a horse running group 3 races and winning isnt necessarily going to win a group 1 as its a higher class of race.
5. The type of track it has run on - Such as a left hander or right hander. Some horses do better on left handed courses, some do better on right handed. Some really good horses can run on both i.e Denman.
6. The class of jockey who generally rides it.
7. The weight its carrying if its in a handicap.
8. How many days its been off the track - Some horses are notorious for needing a few runs before it comes good. Others are reknowned for being out for ages, then being prepared for a specific race and then winning it.
9. The distance travelled to the course. I normally only take this into account if its a huge distance.

Errrr....cant think of anything else...

[Edited on 12-03-2008 by MarkM]
Jill
Premium Member

12th Mar 08 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM

The trainer as well as everything you said Mark
Ryan it's just something you pick up tbh, if you're interested and like horseracing etc.

JILL

Shelly
Premium Member

12th Mar 08 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jill

I also scuffed the heel of one of my beloved Christian Louboutin shoes that I was wearing yesterday. So a bit gutted about that but apart from the intital trauma of that (which frankly I may never get over tbh )

MarkM

12th Mar 08 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

The trainer as well as everything you said Mark
Ryan it's just something you pick up tbh, if you're interested and like horseracing etc.

JILL

Yes, thats one of the most important actually...cant beleive I forgot that...trainer form means a lot...
Jill
Premium Member

13th Mar 08 at 08:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yes, thats one of the most important actually...cant beleive I forgot that...trainer form means a lot...

Slap on the wrist for you forgetting that haha (joke)

Cheltenham's still on for today, so we're going to be heading off in a bit. 10 card race today I believe too to compensate for yesterdays cancellation

JILL
MarkM

13th Mar 08 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Slap on the wrist for you forgetting that haha (joke)

Cheltenham's still on for today, so we're going to be heading off in a bit. 10 card race today I believe too to compensate for yesterdays cancellation

JILL

RyanSxi

13th Mar 08 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for all the tips guys. Always wondered what the ins and outs of horse racing were. much love
Nismo

14th Mar 08 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Denman won today

Hes trained in my town, Paul Nicholls is th trainer based about a mile away from me.
strick206

14th Mar 08 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul Nicholls trained 1-2-3 and i'm chuffed about it

had £25 on nicholls to do the 1-2-3 at 10/1

Topped off a very good week More money for the car fund
Nismo

14th Mar 08 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah hes had a damm good few days!!

The pub down the road from me was on the local news, there all having a mass pissup!!
Jill
Premium Member

17th Mar 08 at 08:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Paul Nicholls is an excellent trainer- always keep an eye out for his horses He's a decent bloke as well- I've met him a couple of times when I've been to Newmarket in my second and third year of my degree when they took us to Newmarket, top guy

Had a wicked few days at Cheltenham. Thursday didn't do too badly betting wise- yet again I changed my mind on horses at the last minute I backed The Hairy Lemon [ew] (purely because of the name and no other reason as it was like 22/1 ). It didn't do very well- in fact I think it may still be runnning haha. Put a fair few quid on Our Vic and MasterMinded which was lucky as they both came in first- was giving wallaby tips for Thursday and I think I told him these would be definite winners. Had a couple of winners with each way bets too Also after Tuesday's incident with my scuffed shoe I suffered another wardrobe mishap- my shoes I was wearing had quite thin (but not stiletto heels) and the ground was sooo soft I couldn't really stand on the grass for too long without fear of sinking into the ground Not a good look if you're chatting to people I must admit haha.

Friday was excellent! GoldCup-tastic indeed! An amazing atmosphere and you just knew Kauto wouldn't win despite the odds being so high in his favour- it was just one of those races tbh. Had a few winners but won most money with each way bets. No shoe related incidents which I am pleased to report I don't think I could bear it if anything happend as I was wearing my YSL peep toes and would have been well and truly devasted if anything had happened to them!

I can't wait until Ascot now

JILL

[Edited on 17-03-2008 by Jill]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Cheltenham Festival 11-14th March 24 database queries in 0.1966090 seconds