corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2.0 corsa's, worth buying one?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2.0 corsa's, worth buying one?
Patman

User status: Offline
6th Mar 08 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much would you expect to pay for a redtop nowdays? (half decent without silly miles or unknown) and is it worth buying one ready made, or just buying box standard and converting it yourself?
I would like to own one, but knowing that they have been converted to be thrashed puts me off buying one tbh. Yet I dont know anything about car mechanics to do one myself so costs would be alot at a guess, yet I would know that everything has been done properly if I had it done.
.......or am I being silly and just buy a 1.6?
Whittie

6th Mar 08 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy one ready made, they're very good fun.

Used to have a 1.6. Now have the 2.0 and wouldnt go back to 1.6
JM_16v

6th Mar 08 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you can afford it yea
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Online
6th Mar 08 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get a decent one for around 1500, great fun.
Patman

6th Mar 08 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmm, sounds decent price tbh, but would hate to splash the cash and buy a great bag of nails , but supose theres always a risk
Jenko_Sport

6th Mar 08 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can get them for 500 quid but be prepared to fix it all the time
corsa120

6th Mar 08 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not necessarily mine has been extremely reliable and yes they are fun.

not all 2.0's have been coverted to be thrashed, well thats a lie but what i mean by that is take mine yes i have fun in it but it is extremely well looked after and no expense is spared coming to oils/repairs etc

when purchasing a car try to sus out the seller and the car you can usually tell a well looked after car anyways,

typical situation is i always ask the guy im purchasing a car from to test drive it with him driving first to see how he treats it and if he tries to impress me with how quick it goes, this happened when bying my astra gsi i went to lok at one in luton and we got in the car and he literally cained it showing off when we got back i just got out and said bye bye

one i did get in the end the guy was very genuine and let it warm up first and even then he only drove it normally and 12k later it has not missed beat so just try to sus peaople out

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2.0 corsa's, worth buying one? 23 database queries in 0.0132029 seconds