corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Petrol Price

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Petrol Price
Graham88

User status: Offline
29th Feb 08 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I simply don't look at the price, fill up, pay without looking and walk out and I'm happy as dandy because I haven't caused myself the stress of seeing how much I spent

A tank lasts me 4 days if I'm lucky, and that's on a 1.1 Fez that gets about 450 out of a tank.
deano87

29th Feb 08 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
I simply don't look at the price, fill up, pay without looking and walk out and I'm happy as dandy because I haven't caused myself the stress of seeing how much I spent

A tank lasts me 4 days if I'm lucky, and that's on a 1.1 Fez that gets about 450 out of a tank.

Aye, like I said, the difference between a 105.9p/litre and 108.9p/litre fill up was 90p or something.

I don't see the problem because prices have always been high for me. The problem is with people that are middleaged, and used to get it much much lower. Or even mid-20's (year old).
random dav
Premium Member

29th Feb 08 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
quote:
Originally posted by mattk
yeah cause thats a perfect solution

I guess you dont drink or smoke?

Why would that make any difference?? Smoking costs the NHS millions every year and binge drinking costs society god knows what! Its only because the government knows people have to buy fuel that the duty is so high in it, that and the fact the world is banging on about global warming and the government wants to price people off the road. Now they are moaning about people going out getting lashed up and causing trouble on so called 'binges' so it would seem like a rational thing to do..

What would you rather? Be able to drive places like work etc on fuel that cost less that a £1 a litre, or go and get pissed up, not remember a thing, maybe get into a fight on shite that probably costs around £1 a litre aswell?

Its only my 2p

oh, and i dont smoke, but i do drink

smoking costs the NHS around 3 billion per year, but smokers raise 6 billion per year in tax, so therefore a 3 billion surplus.

if people want to save money charge isiots for missing hospital, doctors, clinic appointments, etc

WRLFC !

Project cars
Graham88

29th Feb 08 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
I don't see the problem because prices have always been high for me. The problem is with people that are middleaged, and used to get it much much lower. Or even mid-20's (year old).

Don't know about that, I remember when I had my ped when I was 16 (3 years ago) and it cost £3 to fill it. A year later and it was costing me £5.

[Edited on 29-02-2008 by Graham88]
mattk

29th Feb 08 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its the staggering amount of tax that pisses me off, and the HUGE profits oil companys make, Greed is the single biggest thing that pisses me off

Its all greed
mattk

29th Feb 08 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£2.70 used to fill my scooter up,

wonder how much it would be now
Graham88

29th Feb 08 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

£3 and I got 120 miles out of it, oh those were the days of having to plan a day ahead to get anywhere
deano87

29th Feb 08 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Its the staggering amount of tax that pisses me off, and the HUGE profits oil companys make, Greed is the single biggest thing that pisses me off

Its all greed

Isn't the profits largely due to extortionate prices they charge on non-fuel goods?
mattk

29th Feb 08 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah mostly, if they make so much off the shity they sell thaey can knock a bit off the price of fuel,

Its mainly tax thats the issue
K 5ive

3rd Mar 08 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

It used to cost me £1 exactly to fill my ped up! That would last a week.
ChrisBoom

3rd Mar 08 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisBoom
£1.14 for diesel, gay.

£1.15 now.
mattk

3rd Mar 08 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£1.05
Bullet Proof SRi

3rd Mar 08 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH i think this whole countries goverment ethics are a load of bullshit.

Poeple coming in from another country must think we are loaded when they see how much we pay for things.

Look at fuel prices, house prices, even food prices in supermarkets has shot up.

This country needs to put tis own people first and stop shelling out for others as we always do.

Soon we will all be in debt, and have to borrow if we have anychance of a life, and then spend the rest of our life paying it off.

If i had the chance and the money to migrate i would.

Im sick of this bullshit place
Bullet Proof SRi

3rd Mar 08 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for reading my weekly rant
Carl

3rd Mar 08 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing is the petrol companies may as well keep putting prices up, if they don't then the government will only do it. If the prices are already higher than this will cause a bigger uproar if more tax is added.
Colin

4th Mar 08 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Its all greed

To be fair oil companies can just about justify the huge profits they make, oil exploration costs them billions in operational costs every year, for one single installation your talking milions, they can spend millions carrying out surveys, open a well & find it to shortfall on productivity loosing them millions, over 80% of the money shell/bp turn out goes towards running the show not a huge profit on the grand scale, without them you wouldnt be able to run a car at all, I think the huge profits are pretty sizeable for the scale of operation they run.

Government on the other hand take 65p from ever £1 of fuel sold in this country in tax & dont really have any involvement asides taking the backhander & no one can see where its going, certainly not into improving the roads network.

Traffic lights, streetlights, roads etc as mentioned above by someone comes off a budget levied from the council tax we pay....apparently. Where does all the billions from our fuel tax go

[Edited on 04-03-2008 by Colin]
Wrighty

4th Mar 08 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K 5ive
quote:

Isnt there a minimum delivery?
K 5ive

4th Mar 08 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
quote:
Originally posted by K 5ive
quote:

Isnt there a minimum delivery?

What in 1988? If i wanted, i used to put 50p in!
Wrighty

4th Mar 08 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

smooth

we need a time warp machine
K 5ive

4th Mar 08 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
smooth

we need a time warp machine

We do indeed! 4 years later i was filling up my MK2 1600 Cavalier Club for £25! This would last me the weekend for cruising and blatting!
We didn't have that much money either and thought nothing of regularly putting this amount in. So compared to now i think it was much cheaper. Wages have not caught up with the rise in fuel.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Petrol Price 24 database queries in 0.0139740 seconds