corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Replacing stock speakers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Replacing stock speakers
stewyd

User status: Offline
26th Feb 08 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, I've just bought a new stereo - a Kenwood W7537U - which I had no problem fitting. Now though, I would like to replace the front speakers. I'm not much of an expert on ICE and have never changed any speakers before. I was wondering if anyone could explain to me exactly how to do this, or point me in the direction of a tutorial. Also, which size speakers I need and any mounting brackets/adaptors I would need to fit these speakers. Finally, what speakers would you recommend?

Cheers

stewyd
Fonz
Premium Member

26th Feb 08 at 14:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

start with this

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=178991

then look at this

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=374000

then click my project in my signature

its not got a tutorial but does show what is required.

simply: remove the door pocket 7 screws
fit your adaptor plate you got from Halfords or other motor part store (~£12?)

screw plate on top the door, screw speaker (once connected up) into the plate, hey presto!

in terms of what to get, your money speaks in audio. so chose a budget, and take a look what takes your fancy
stewyd

26th Feb 08 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for that, some of it's very useful. I should have said in my first post that I've got C registered in '04 though

[Edited on 26-02-2008 by stewyd]

New Poll