corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » WR Archive » Suitable Track Car "Buyers Guides"?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Suitable Track Car "Buyers Guides"?
Rob H

User status: Offline
12th Feb 08 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just an Idea, but do you think their would be much use in some kind of "buyers guide" section, where people can list pro's and cons of different cars (similar to parkers etc), but go one step further and include "proven"/widely used modifications that can be carried out to improve various aspects of the car?

I imagine it will be something that crops up time and time again as the site grows, so could form quite a good FAQ's section to refer people too?

It'd be a bit of a nightmare if people only wrote small sections, but if people could give in-depth descriptions it could be easily archived for future reference?

An alternative could be (if it's possible) to have a wikipedia style section where anyone can edit the data, subject to approval by moderators?

... I attempted to write an example, but it was pretty poor . Sure somoene might be able to come up with a suitable example though?

AndyKent

12th Feb 08 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good idea, but all depends on budget surely.

The same person interested in a track-prepped Skyline isn't going to be in the same league as a 106 for example.

Tricky to write a decent article covering a wide budget TBH.

Widely used mods would be a great idea though, and much less changeable over time.
jr

12th Feb 08 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Both Great suggestions, type of thing we need as well
Rob H

12th Feb 08 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i forgot to mention budget. I would imagine though, that as most people have a track car as a second car, the most popular choices are going to be hot hatches or coupe/roadsters.

Car's that spring to mind for budget cars are Corsa B 1.6's, Astra F 2.0's, Pug 106/205 GTi's, Toyota MR2's, Mazda MX5's, and Nissan 200 Sx's. There is a huge range of car's to choose from, but if people have a fair bit to write about the car they own, over time it could grow to be quite a useful tool?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » WR Archive » Suitable Track Car "Buyers Guides"? 23 database queries in 0.0077441 seconds