corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What would you do?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What would you do?
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Feb 08 at 11:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pay it then have the last laugh and report him for failure to declare income; especially if he's on benefits or pension.

It costs you £40, but they'll back date tax based on an assumed income so he could end up right royally foOKed
pow
Premium Member

5th Feb 08 at 11:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
pay it then have the last laugh and report him for failure to declare income; especially if he's on benefits or pension.

It costs you £40, but they'll back date tax based on an assumed income so he could end up right royally foOKed

Do that. Please.
gianluigi

5th Feb 08 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Garages are well within their rights to charge storage charge.
RichR
Premium Member

5th Feb 08 at 11:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but he's not a registered garage, nor by the sounds of it is he a registered business
JadeM
Premium Member

5th Feb 08 at 12:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi

Surely he should have told us that he charged for storage, when he agreed that we could leave it with him until we got transport organised
Timbaland
Banned

5th Feb 08 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Being honest, If i had just went through what you's have with your Gran and everything, I'd just pay the £40 , get the car out of there and be done with it.

The guy's clearly an arsehole, Dont waste your time.
JadeM
Premium Member

5th Feb 08 at 12:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah your probably right

One half of me (the argumentetive side :lolis saying no way is he getting to rip the piss like this and the other half is thinking just pay and save ourselves anymore stress

gianluigi

5th Feb 08 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JadeM
quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi

Surely he should have told us that he charged for storage, when he agreed that we could leave it with him until we got transport organised

people do it all the time to my dad. they make out as if they need to leave it for a day or 2, then its there weeks later. my dad will charge storage at his own discression. he probably got pissed off you left your car in his yard and it was getting in his way. i bet if you left it there a week, he wouldnt have bothered charging you.

i've known my dad to charge someone £800 in storage - they wouldnt pay- he took them to small claims court and won.

[Edited on 05-02-2008 by gianluigi]
JadeM
Premium Member

5th Feb 08 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But does you dad tell them they'll be charged when they ask if they can leave it?

BTW its the back area of his house, not a proper garage

gianluigi

5th Feb 08 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he'll ask how long they want to leave it, then base his judgement on the period of time i guess.

not saying the bloke is right to charge you £40, just trying to show you things from a garage point of view.
JadeM
Premium Member

5th Feb 08 at 16:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok

We've sent him an email asking if he's having a laugh, patiently awaiting his reply
Hammer

5th Feb 08 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell him you're not paying it if he becomes arsey go with Colins plan. He's chancing his arm as he's dealing with a female imo.
Colin

5th Feb 08 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hes not getting a penny, if the cars not ready to roll when we arrive or he trys to stop us taking it he'l be wearing my size 10 shoe in his face simple as that.
AndyCorsaSport

5th Feb 08 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh if he had a car of mine any longer than 3 or 4 month's without doing anything to it id go get it back.
JadeM
Premium Member

5th Feb 08 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've decided, I'm staying at home when you go to collect it
Colin

5th Feb 08 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking cheek, car sits getting rusty for 9 months (you could make a fecking baby in that time never mind fix a car!) doesnt even do what we asked him, charges best part of 500 quid demanded the day before xmas for doing said feck all work says its fine to leave it to arange to pick up considering during the 9 months its sat there its run out of mot tax & insurance then has the cheek to demand storage money for storing it in a council garage area at the back of his house. Aye right we'll see!!
Ryk

5th Feb 08 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go on my son!!
a_j_mair

5th Feb 08 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would go mental at him tbh. people like that really annoy me

i once had my corsa sprayed was away for months, deadlines missed, not answering calls etc. i ended uplifting it on a trailer and payed by cheque which was cancelled straight away before we left the premises.

dont give them a penny. pick the car up and tell him to fuck off
Colin

5th Feb 08 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We should sue him tbh, is it possible to take someone to court for taking the piss repeatedly?
corsasriboy

5th Feb 08 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at the end of the day, he never said that he was going to charge for storage, and you never agreed to pay storage. f**k him.

when we had a quad bike nicked, the police recovered it and tried to charge us storage fee's of £150 for 3 days. my dad wrote to the chief constable explaining that he never f*cking agreed to even let them put it into storage let alone be f*cking charged for it. they dropped it.
Ryk

5th Feb 08 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
We should sue him tbh, is it possible to take someone to court for taking the piss repeatedly?

Thats a joke right? Afraid not but I wish you could, just slap the bastard when you go round!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What would you do? 23 database queries in 0.0127010 seconds