corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What level of car insurance do you have?

Poll: What level of car insurance do you have?
  Fully Comprehensive
  Third Party, Fire + Theft
  Third Party

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What level of car insurance do you have?
Ben G

User status: Offline
1st Feb 08 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Seany
whos got the highest premium? it amazes me how much some people pay for insurance. i definately wouldnt pay more than £1000

was paying £2733

now paying £2300 so not much better i guess
Steve X16XE

1st Feb 08 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£409.50 FC

For TPFT it was something stupid like £402.50. Massive saving
Baskey

1st Feb 08 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not always worth claiming on fully comp. If you do

1, youd loose an NCB you had
2, your exsess may not make it workwile.
3, for the next 5 years you will have to sate on any car you insureance youve had a fault claim

I paid 600 last year on my 172 with 3 near NCB and 9 points, plus my girlfriend insured to drive.

I crashed into an astra slightly, he claimed off me, now iv got 0 no claims and a fault claim my insurance has gone up to £1250. Same price i paid for my corsa gsi when i was 18
mwg

1st Feb 08 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fully comp. Was always fully comp with my Corsas too as was little difference between the price for TPFT and FC.
John

1st Feb 08 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Baskey

3, for the next 5 years you will have to sate on any car you insureance youve had a fault claim

I paid 600 last year on my 172 with 3 near NCB and 9 points, plus my girlfriend insured to drive.

I crashed into an astra slightly, he claimed off me, now iv got 0 no claims and a fault claim my insurance has gone up to £1250. Same price i paid for my corsa gsi when i was 18

Would have cost you exactly the same if you were tpft except your car wouldn't have been repaired if it needed it
J8YJJ

1st Feb 08 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im paying £930 3party f&t on my gsi thtas with 1 yrs ncb and i accident
Baskey

1st Feb 08 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:
Originally posted by Baskey

3, for the next 5 years you will have to sate on any car you insureance youve had a fault claim, wether it be someone claiming off you, or deciding to pursue

Would have cost you exactly the same if you were tpft except your car wouldn't have been repaired if it needed it

Na mate, was just givingn an example of how much a premium can rise with a claim

I didnt actully claim due to a £500 exsess and only a scrapped wing but just pointing out sometimes its not worth climing on fully comp in the long run

[Edited on 01-02-2008 by Baskey]
random dav
Premium Member

1st Feb 08 at 17:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I once got quoted just short of 4200 for my old RS1800 by Elephant.

WRLFC !

Project cars

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What level of car insurance do you have? 24 database queries in 0.0119061 seconds