corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » which one ??? c16xe/x16xe please help someone

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author which one ??? c16xe/x16xe please help someone
corsa_madd

User status: Offline
31st Jan 08 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im looking into buying a corsa gsi but im just wondering weather a few people could give me some advise please i was speaking to a friend last nite and told me although the c16xe is a faster engine (not by much) he also said that its so much harder to get parts for these engines and if the enginse was to misfire that it would blow the inlet manifold apart being its only plastic but said its better to get the one with the x16xe engine cos the inlet manifold is metal and so much easier to get parts for ?? im not really mechanicly minded but would it be worth getting a gsi/sport with the x16xe engine in it ???

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP LOL

Many thanks

Joe

[Edited on 31-01-2008 by corsa_madd]
Mike GSi

31st Jan 08 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

parts are mostly identical, blowing the inlet manifold is complete shite, the x16xe has a more flowing LOWER inlet iirc, other than those differences and compression and an EGR system the engines are pretty much exactly the same.

iirc the C16 came standard with more reliable rollers etc, or vica versa. thats all i can think of. oh and one has ecotec on the engine cover and the other has vauxhall
Rob H

31st Jan 08 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_madd
... if the enginse was to misfire that it would blow the inlet manifold apart being its only plastic

From that comment alone i'd take anything your mate says with a pinch of salt .

Earlier engines had slightly bigger valves IIRC which is where the extra power comes from. Not heard of any disadvantages to them though. Only thing to consider is that i's the older version, so more likely to have more miles so more likely to break.
Mike GSi

31st Jan 08 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your realy worried about the inlet, the best thing to do is get a mantzel/lexmaul/dBlias
Vaux Lad

31st Jan 08 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm, blowing the inlet apart.
Maybe if the dispak for some reason sparked with the inlet valves open,lol.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » which one ??? c16xe/x16xe please help someone 23 database queries in 0.0072041 seconds