corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My Dilemma!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My Dilemma!
TheCam

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 08 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work at renault and I have driven them both and If your going for raw fun driving get the 172 cup, great cars to drive but not a lot of luxuries, some people can live with that though. personally if it was me id get the 182 with the half leather etc.
FasT09

3rd Jan 08 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheCam
i work at renault and I have driven them both and If your going for raw fun driving get the 172 cup, great cars to drive but not a lot of luxuries, some people can live with that though. personally if it was me id get the 182 with the half leather etc.

ye cup all the way. Or 172 phase 2 mk 1. They usually quicker than 172/182's due to being lighter. but are higher mileage these days but are cheaper.

for a 182 ur looking at 2/3k more than a 172 which with that money you could add cams inlet TB's remap etc and you'll be laughing.

182/172 are basically the same
TheCam

3rd Jan 08 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FasT09
for a 182 ur looking at 2/3k more than a 172 which with that money you could add cams inlet TB's remap etc and you'll be laughing.

what sorta power do 172s see from TB's and Remap? never seen one.
mwg

3rd Jan 08 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i got my 172 for 5.5k . was lookin at cups but they wer starting at 6k for a decent one. I also wanted the half leather, xenons, climate control etc. which cups dont have.

Thats a good point, I would get the full fat version aswell. The Cup trim might save weight but its a poor interior and I doubt if you are using it as an everyday car you really need to have a Cup!
FasT09

3rd Jan 08 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye get the ff one. not sure on power ratings but some are pushing 230/250bhp with decent mods. dont come cheap though but you'll be very quick.

spend 5/6k on a decent turbo set up for next step up from cams inlet etc
AdZ9

3rd Jan 08 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just been looknig at prices etc and also been lookin for the exhaust note i like, sounds weird but i dont like really loud bassy exhausts, this is the sound i like (albeit its on a 1.2 but you get the idea)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTQ_8OEhPaw

Now is that sound down to it being a Remus exhaust? So if i was to get a remus exhaust system it would sound like that? (but actually have the performance to match it)

*edit* just seen this one, must be down to it being remus? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbG4Y-J3lb4&feature=related

[Edited on 03-01-2008 by AdZ9]
AdZ9

3rd Jan 08 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

P.S - Just signed up to cliosport Fast09, i put you as the refferer, dunno if you get anything but i put you anyway
FasT09

3rd Jan 08 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol cool. people on there will tell u to go for miltek/yozzasport . I know alot of people hate what i have but thats just because they judge it by its name. i have a full powerflow system and is exaclty how i want it as i got to choose the tailpipe and sound the way i want it. so mine is at a nice sporty sound.
FasT09

3rd Jan 08 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

an exhaust system wont give you much more bhp.
FasT09

3rd Jan 08 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

majority will say go for k-tec/miltek/gdi/yozzasport
AdZ9

3rd Jan 08 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there any sections on nthe site with like project threads or anything? i hate starting to navigate on a new forum when your so used to one
FasT09

3rd Jan 08 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no. Just post in the clio discussion. The sub headings below are always active so u will get answers in them. I find like in here if you dont post in general chat u wont get an answer for ages.

[Edited on 03-01-2008 by FasT09]
Corsa_Scotty

3rd Jan 08 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mates black 172 when we took it to knockhill he went round a left hand bend and the passenger side rear wheel came off the ground it scared me at first when he done it more i started to enjoy it tho

[Edited on 03-01-2008 by ScottyBhoy2k7]
Fad

4th Jan 08 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

172 Full Fat over a Cup more easier to live with and you can hardly tell the diference in perfomance.

Make sure you get one thats had its 36k service as its a big one, but try and get as low a millage as you can and aod ones that have been fettled with as it will tell you a lot about the owner.

Dont pay more than 5k for an 02 onward car. Also be weary of many a Cat D (mainly cups due to no abs etc)

I love my 182 people cry about seating position its fine you just have to play around till you find it how you like it

[Edited on 04-01-2008 by Fad]
AdZ9

4th Jan 08 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great advice Fad thank you, i was going to ask about what i would be looking for.

I'll have another look around on autotrader/ph at lunch for a possible candidate.
Revolver

4th Jan 08 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take about 3k to your local auction.

Buy a decent aged car (easy to pick one up for that price).

Then you have £2k there waiting if things need doing.
Fad

4th Jan 08 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steer clear of autions always buy the best you can buy as these cars being french don't age well when miss treated.

Take your time view a few befoe you buy also and don't fall into the trap of buying the first thing you see.

You will get plenty advice on www.cliosport.net
aron

4th Jan 08 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Steer clear of auctions

only if you don't know what you're buying...
FasT09

4th Jan 08 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And check if the cam belt and aux belt have been replaced.

needs replacing every 72k or 5 years which ever comes first. This is really expansive to replace
Fad

4th Jan 08 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aron85
quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Steer clear of auctions

only if you don't know what you're buying...

No because the only time you can hear them running is when they drive up on view and with these cars you need to be very carefull as they are prone to problems which even the trained eye can miss unless driven.

You'd be a mug to buy one from an auction as they will more than likely be reposcessions, dealer rejects or cars that cannot be shifted.

Not saying buyng from an auction is a mugs game but for a car like this yes and in al fairness the only times these come up at an auction are when they are Cat D/C
Fad

4th Jan 08 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
And check if the cam belt and aux belt have been replaced.

needs replacing every 72k or 5 years which ever comes first. This is really expansive to replace

No Aux belt needs to be done at 36k and cam belt at 72k but most cambelts should be done at the 36k service if they years old and over.
p4uls corsa

4th Jan 08 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Steer clear of autions always buy the best you can buy as these cars being french don't age well when miss treated.

Take your time view a few befoe you buy also and don't fall into the trap of buying the first thing you see.

You will get plenty advice on www.cliosport.net

thats where most garages get them from unless u buy new but ur best to buy private tho still get good prices compaired to garages and as said above can give a good test drive

[Edited on 04-01-2008 by p4uls corsa]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My Dilemma! 23 database queries in 0.2173922 seconds