corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » House Doh Moments

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author House Doh Moments
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
27th Dec 07 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone got any funny ones?

Just been filling the dishwasher, reminded me of my mates story from his holiday. He went away, loaded the dishwasher and looked in the cupboard for tablets. Found them, opened the pack, found one and tried to put it in the gap in the door but it was too big so he squashed it down and forced the lid closed. He cursed the stupid tablets for being too big for the door and what a silly design flaw that was. It was only when the wash finished and his plates smelt of flowers that he realised his error.

Also in mine I decided to get a sealing strip for under the plinth in the kitchen, except when its installed its a tighter fit. It annoyed me so I forced it and it snapped. Need a new plinth now.
Ally

27th Dec 07 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hundreds of things, worst thing ive done is when i went to put a framed photo up and drilled into the wall into a steel plinth thing, so though mmmok, so drilled an inch next to it... same again

wall ended up with about 15 holes in it where i was just drilling till it went in far enough

only for richie to tell me it was because im a 'girl' and i wasnt pushing hard enough
neoquip

27th Dec 07 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

working at a house, just finish the job off... DECORATING.. customers girlfriend ask if we'd put a mirror up over the fire place, easy enough to do,

measured either side of the Fire Place, made sure it was equal both sides etc.

go the cordless drill out, started slowly, then hit something hard so put it on hanner action.

next thing... blinking hissing sound and a smell of gas!!

the house builder had run a gas pipe from the garage over the lounge ceiling then down the wall .. the inside wall.. it was direcly under the plaster board!!

got it sorted in the end, emergancy gas guy came out (TRANSCO) he said what twat pit a pipe there, it should go outside then drill into the lounge so it comes in to the side of the fire place!!

not funny at the time, but looking back we lugh about it.
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Dec 07 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats reminded me of hanging a mirror for my mate. Measured the size of the mirror, drilled the wall, plugged it, screwed in the hangers then realised the holes were actually at the edge of the mirror not the hanging points so you could only choose one or the other

Had to re-drill that one. She's still got the holds at the side of the mirror. Should fix that.

I've done that with holes in the wall as well. Drill one place, no good, move sideways and go again. It can go on for quite a while
AndyKent

27th Dec 07 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate of mine gave me a call one day saying he was trying to put up some blinds at his mums house but every time he tried the drill bit would break........wasn't sure why he couldn't do it. Said he'd been down the shop and bought 10 extra drill bits and they all broke.

Went and had a look and he'd been trying to drill through the lintels about 3 inches above
Colin

27th Dec 07 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My pretty dim mate bought an upstairs flat, proceeded to get stuck in straight away washing all the floors, scrapping the old wall paper off & mixing up paint & wallpaper paste..................all of which the waste got poured down the sink. All was well until his downstairs neighbour came home to find her kitchen was flooded & in some mess. My mate had failed to notice the washing machine waste tap in wasnt blocked from where the previous owner had removed her machine until he had poured gallons of dirty water, paint, paste etc down the sink, which came right back out the bottom of the waste pipe, done the back of his kitchen units & through the floor boards. Woops.........in not even a day & he had to pay to get downstairs kitchen redone
Marc

27th Dec 07 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LMAO
Andrew

27th Dec 07 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I avoid drilling holes if i can.

Latest thing i done was plumbing a new washer in. Everything went to plan unplumbing the old one and putting in the new one until i turned on the washer. Wouldn't work..

I'd only forgot to turn the water back on
MikeD

27th Dec 07 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was laying my bedroom carpet so started off removing nails from the floorboards and nailing loose ones, suddely from under the carpet i thought i could hear hissing, double checked and id nailed through a pipe, then had a panic cause i didnt know where the gas meter was lol
mattk

27th Dec 07 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hung a radiator upside down pissed one morning,

and my mate drilled a 5inch core hole on a "gable end".......

it wasnt, the houses were staggered and what he was infact drilling was next doors bedroom wall

he started to panic when he had drilled a 5 inch hole and didnt see daylight
ainsley_brader

28th Dec 07 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worst one we ever did!

Not long after we had moved in about a month at most and we had forgot to turn the electric cooker off at the wall.

On one ring we had left some pots from the night before. I think there was a baking tray, then 2 plates, some knives and forks with plastic handles and a yoghurt pot!

Well our 4 month puppy managed to turn that hob on whilst chewing the cooker knob!

The girlfriend arrived home to a house full of smoke.

Took us 3 days to get rid of the smell of that one!
Ally

28th Dec 07 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll