corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » East Midlands » My corsa diesel

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My corsa diesel
ainsley_brader

User status: Offline
23rd Dec 07 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought seeing as EM is always dead I would post in here.

Some of you may know I have a black 2.0 corsa B which has due in part to my laziness been off the road for nearly a year now. Anyway in the meantime i have been running my 1.0 AX, which is a great fun little car but not on longer journeys and not great for lending to customers, (very basic, high clutch, very poor brakes). SO I decided I wanted a replacement and decided upon a corsa diesel, preferably a 5 door in silver with PAS.

Well A turbo diesel cavalier turned up local very cheap £100 so we went to look at it. The isuzu lump running sweetly, 3/4 a tank of diesel, alloys and a GSi bodykit meant it was quickly brought home.

I didn't get any very good pictures of it but believe me it was very rotten

Had some interetsing bits on it though, opel steering wheel, leccy sunroof etc. And by the time i had sold the bodykit and weighed the shell in I had turned a profit.

Anyway next up was to find a corsa and then one came up which fitted the bill nicely on ebay. Duely won it was brought home.

The corsa is a 1.7 diesel non turbo with a fooked injection pump.

So all that was left was a quick engine swap.

Old engine out

New engine out

And in, with new cambelt and filters.

Swapped the 256 24 front brakes off the cavalier (just had new discs and pads, for the standard solid discs. So I had to find some 14 inch wheels so swapped the cav alloys across and actually quite like them.

So there we have it my TD corsa.

Got a fair few things left to do.

Things i need to do, those i'd like to do, and those i'd do if the bits came up cheaply.

I need to.

Sort the intercooler out so it sits in front of the rad (only in temporarily atm) currently using std cav rad but thinking of using frontera rad.
Needs a better battery.
Refit the fan
Tappets setting.
Heater plugs.
A very good clean been stood about 3 months and full of dog hair
Rear headrests, or a dog guard to keep my dog in the boot!

I'd like to

Fit a towbar
Find a silver passenger side rear door.
Replace passenger side mirror glass i smashed.
Lower it very very slightly maybe gsi or sport stuff! (definitely needs stiffening up a bit think the original stuff is getting a little tired)
Relocate the pas bottle very slightly towards the wing and back towards the battery to give a bit more room.
A smaller maybe squared off header tank to allow a little more room for pipework.
A smaller steering wheel maybe an sri one!

And lastly if things came up cheaply enough
Electric windows and central locking are the two big things.
Some darker seats and plastics would be nice
A better tailgate and bonnet would be good but not too important

Ainsley

[Edited on 23-12-2007 by ainsley_brader]

[Edited on 28-12-2007 by ainsley_brader]
Haimsey
Premium Member

23rd Dec 07 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool, looks alright with those alloys

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
ainsley_brader

28th Dec 07 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well!

Was going to clean the car today but didnt get very far.

Did however hit 184k :O

Of which I have done 50 lol

Also took a slightly better picture on my phone!

Also decided it needs a smaller steering wheel

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » East Midlands » My corsa diesel 25 database queries in 0.0102940 seconds