corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rant about Regal rob you sport...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rant about Regal rob you sport...
ChazSXi

User status: Offline
7th Dec 07 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you got any info to back this up stav?!

'Regal state in the advert "fits first time everytime" lies

"its a cat back system" no it starts half way down the centre pipe, lies again

"tuv tested and approved" where's my paper's then to prove so ?'

is it on a website? magazine?
SAL
Premium Member

7th Dec 07 at 13:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the add says

Unparalleled ease of fitting fits first time every time...

well it doesnt.

i have fitted the exhaust allready so sending it back is a no-go now. the reason its at an exhaust place now is due to the centre pipe not matching the reducer

we had to make the centre pipe about 3mm bigger to except the centre pipe, but its not the right way so its blowing like tuk atm. that join is getting welded, which imo should'nt as its spose to be a bolt together job, not a diy exhaust with a £400 price tag
Wrighty

7th Dec 07 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your gonna get robbed where ever you go trying to tune a vauxhall

courtney and regal are the worst for it too!
ChazSXi

7th Dec 07 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stavs
the add says

Unparalleled ease of fitting fits first time every time...

well it doesnt.
i have fitted the exhaust allready so sending it back is a no-go now. the reason its at an exhaust place now is due to the centre pipe not matching the reducer

we had to make the centre pipe about 3mm bigger to except the centre pipe, but its not the right way so its blowing like tuk atm. that join is getting welded, which imo should'nt as its spose to be a bolt together job, not a diy exhaust with a £400 price tag

might be worth taking pictures of how it had to be fitted...with how much it cost you...with a HARD COPY of their statement, along with a little letter explaining how you arent satisifed with the service, that you expect some kind of compensation for the trouble and that they have shown a blatant breach of trading standards. You will not be a return customer due to very poor customer service..state how disatsified you were with the contact as soon as the itmem had been paid for..And that your solicitor has been contacted if they wish to progress things any further..

aka you MAY get some kind of good will gesture in return...probably worth a shot!

[Edited on 07-12-2007 by ChazSXi]
ChazSXi

7th Dec 07 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote some info from this link also..

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/cgi-bin/calitem.cgi?file=ADV0043-1011.txt

basically the itme bought was not fit for its purpose(and if u read the sales and supply of goods act 1994, they should fully refund(if returned) or pay for repairs/modifications for the item to be used for the purpose they sold it for

hope this helps?!
CORSA NUT

7th Dec 07 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS you should have just taken it back!

More fool you.
Daimo B

7th Dec 07 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ChazSXi

aka you MAY get some kind of good will gesture in return...probably worth a shot!

Not dealt with Regal before then

Goodwill comes in when you been anally raped for £15k's worth of engine conversion and tuning, and get a shoddy job and 200hp And even then, when they've got the money, they don't care (Unless you've got lots more to spend).

Please note, these are all opinions from many many many many MANY stories i've read/spoken to people about over the last 7 years.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
7th Dec 07 at 17:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
they should fully refund(if returned) or pay for repairs/modifications for the item to be used for the purpose they sold it for

Thats interesting - I wonder whose choice it is whether to refund or alter for purpose?

You could technically buy something then lumber the seller with a big bill for adjustments if you insisted if was fitted at a main dealer for example.
Graeme
Premium Member

7th Dec 07 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stavs just like my case, they are keen to sell you something but never help u when its there fault and they fucked up.

rember the story about overcharging on my remap?
SAL
Premium Member

7th Dec 07 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its quite annoying really, i want some dblias bits in the new year, Regal are the only uk suplier...im not prepared to spend a penny with them now
ChazSXi

7th Dec 07 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
they should fully refund(if returned) or pay for repairs/modifications for the item to be used for the purpose they sold it for

Thats interesting - I wonder whose choice it is whether to refund or alter for purpose?

You could technically buy something then lumber the seller with a big bill for adjustments if you insisted if was fitted at a main dealer for example.

technically yes..however they would have needed to have stated that no modification was needed...which anything aftermarket never states...its bad advertising on regals front which could backfire!
Graeme
Premium Member

7th Dec 07 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u can get the dbilas stuff from abroad stavs for cheaper!
SAL
Premium Member

7th Dec 07 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
link
Fad

7th Dec 07 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Regals customer care leads much to be desired at times.

I feel this is more down to Regals customer support. I have to say though Bastucks are well reonound for being rubish and not fitting perfectly, my mates mum has a Bastuck on her Zaffira and it ended up going to Kwickfit so have a joiner pipe made so it would fit and and hangers had to be heated and bent to get it to sit right.

Same deal with a Bastuck I saw at Shinee's it fitted really badly.

I reckon you have three options.

i) Perservere and fit it as you clearly like it
ii) try for a refund and buy something else
iii) If Regal are less than helpfull at returning your money contact Batuck direct claiming their TUV exhaust is crap I am sure they will do something about it?

[Edited on 07-12-2007 by Fad]
Graeme
Premium Member

7th Dec 07 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stavs
quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
link

havent got an but was looking into turbo`s etc for the old c, from belguim or germany its readily avaliable!
SAL
Premium Member

7th Dec 07 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the system is fitted now thanks to Reflex in st albans. luckily it only cost me a drink...overwise i would be very annoyed and would have sent it back.
Ben ev

7th Dec 07 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ordered a z20let head gasket and received a c20let head set. work it out you bunch of wankers. never using them again
Rob_Lee
Banned

7th Dec 07 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

USELESS!

Ordered a IAC block for Dbilas throttle bodies and after about 1 million phone calls i never did recieve it.

The guys there NEVER call you back which pissed me off the most!
Fro

7th Dec 07 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only dealt with them once and they phoned me back 5 mins after they said they would and that was it.
Rob R

8th Dec 07 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a snotty response when enquiring about their equal length manifold for the z20let

asked what sort of proven performance gains they've seen from fitting the manifold and got asked "you are joking right?"

erm.... no not really love, if im spending 1300 quid on 4 bent bits of metal i wana know what the hell im getting for it!

the woman who works on reception is a know all cow who speaks to you like you're a 12 year old.

oh and uprated pistons and rods isn't internal work in their opinion, riiiiiight

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rant about Regal rob you sport... 23 database queries in 0.1884720 seconds