corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cost to build a circuit...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cost to build a circuit...
Daimo B

User status: Offline
21st Nov 07 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aPk

You'd be surprised. The cost of decent tarmac is easily the most expensive part. The sheer surface area combined with higher tarmac costs at the moment would easily make it the biggest cost of the project.

A simple building, like a garage would be cheap. Just blockwork and a sheet metal roof. Don't even need insulation. Hospitality rooms will obviously be a lot more, but the actual racing surface will be the most expensive.

Guess it depends what material your using. Motorsport track varies in texture, I don't thinks its actually a tarmac material, nor a concerete, kinda between the two really. I don't know about this stuff at all though really.

Getting the "stuff" on the ground is expensive overall yes as its the largest item to do. You need the lower level so it doesn't sink.
Track surface
Rumble strips
gravel traps
runoff area
Emergency exit of circuit (for amb/fire etc)
pitlane wall
pitlane complex (think Donningtons new complex cost over £10 million, just for the buildings). Brands cost even more.
Cafes/bars for racers

As i say, depends how big into it you want to get, what you want to host.

If your going for GP statues, put asigde £100mill
If your going for BTCC/BSB type levels, put aside £30mil-£50mil
If your going for a bit of track and some land, set aside about £10 mil, maybe less if you know some mates with diggers
AndyKent

21st Nov 07 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you actually knew what sort of size we were talking about I could probably price it up.

Perhaps if I get half an hour tomorrow I'll work out a price for constructing a runway like Santa Pod. Anyone know how wide and long it is?
ainsley_brader

21st Nov 07 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What new pitlane complex is there at Donington?

Robin
Premium Member

21st Nov 07 at 22:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aPk
If you actually knew what sort of size we were talking about I could probably price it up.

Perhaps if I get half an hour tomorrow I'll work out a price for constructing a runway like Santa Pod. Anyone know how wide and long it is?

The main part of the track is about 600m long, then there's another 200m of crap tarmac after that.

I'd say it was 20m wide all the way down.

Then there's the 'pit lane' which probably has twice as much tarmac, but it's not as good as the surface on the strip, plus the toilets, shop, fences, gates, ticket booths, service roads, grandstand, bank, VIP building, gantry, finish line lights, plus a few more bits.
Daimo B

22nd Nov 07 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ainsley_brader
What new pitlane complex is there at Donington?

Built 18 months ago now, but still very new in terms of the circuit.

Racetrack, you want about 12-15m wide, and overall, a nice 2.5km length total.

Don't forget the pitlane entrance, exit, and also the links to make smaller tracks out of the main track. Pitlane should be about 10-12m wide, maybe a little more.

Then theres each pit, control tower, medical center, fencing, armco barriers, gravel, and that should get you setup with the basics.
ainsley_brader

22nd Nov 07 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

toilets, shower block, club house

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cost to build a circuit... 23 database queries in 0.0119879 seconds