corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Nokia N95

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nokia N95
Jambo

User status: Offline
20th Nov 07 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bubblevaux you make me giggle.

You do realise i work for Orange and have done for 3 1/2 years right? I can inform you that your "scource" on the nokia/returns poolicy thing is actually the funiest thing ive ever heard

On Orange if a handset is known to be "faulty" then it is withdrawn from sale. In the time ive been with orange it has happened about 4times. The latest being a few weeks ago with the Sony Ericsson W910i.

Nokia N95 have issues, as does every single phone we sell. Its a mass produced electronic item..

Seeming as W960 (which looks ace btw) is going to be better than the n95 im not suprised, seeming as the n95 was realeased in march, whcih has given sony a 8month catch up period.... Plus they are both run on software manafactured by the same company. The symbian UIQ system as found on all SE smartphones post P910 etc is AWFULL. Its buggy, lack of ram etc (beleived to be sorted on P1 and future handsets) but it still doesnt change the fact its less intuitive, no faster, less software availible and other than touchscreen offers no real benefit.

My knolledge is based on 3 1/2 years working in the industry dealing on a 1 to 1 and business level of returns and problem solving
Jambo

20th Nov 07 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
dude will u2u u back 2moz, was real busy today, soz!

No worries mate
Rob_Quads

20th Nov 07 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame the w960i has no GPS or as good a camera as the N95
bubble

20th Nov 07 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Bubblevaux you make me giggle.

You do realise i work for Orange and have done for 3 1/2 years right? I can inform you that your "scource" on the nokia/returns poolicy thing is actually the funiest thing ive ever heard

On Orange if a handset is known to be "faulty" then it is withdrawn from sale. In the time ive been with orange it has happened about 4times. The latest being a few weeks ago with the Sony Ericsson W910i.

Nokia N95 have issues, as does every single phone we sell. Its a mass produced electronic item..

Seeming as W960 (which looks ace btw) is going to be better than the n95 im not suprised, seeming as the n95 was realeased in march, whcih has given sony a 8month catch up period.... Plus they are both run on software manafactured by the same company. The symbian UIQ system as found on all SE smartphones post P910 etc is AWFULL. Its buggy, lack of ram etc (beleived to be sorted on P1 and future handsets) but it still doesnt change the fact its less intuitive, no faster, less software availible and other than touchscreen offers no real benefit.

My knolledge is based on 3 1/2 years working in the industry dealing on a 1 to 1 and business level of returns and problem solving

i understand your in ref to the returns policy, it came from two sources, firstly from "de*tra", im sure you know who they are and what they do for orange, and secondly from the same source as the info ref the "dpa" issue that is going around orange at the mo.

im please to hear we are not doing the p1, because as you quite rightly point out , the p990i were awful. surprised to hear about the w910i, we dont have many returns on them.

differences between se and nokia symbian is the partition of random access memory for the phones. se seem to have it better, maybe its just bad luck on my side with the n70,n73,n80,n76 and n95's iv had that were dodgy maybe?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll