corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Upgraded my Brakes

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Upgraded my Brakes
Superlite Ltd.

User status: Offline
16th Nov 07 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
Same here, my old AP's were pretty dear. Think my current AP discs/pads retail for £580+vat just for the fronts!

That is just silly

Just bought new discs and pads all around for mine

Under £60 total
Daimo B

16th Nov 07 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Discs can warp if your doing a lot of hard braking and keeping the brakes well up high in the temperature range.

Warped the standard 236's on the Corsa, but they were pants brakes, they really were poo

Nik, i've not said they are the best, i've mearly said better than standard. And on a 1.4 16v brakes, its not hard, they are awful...

Thats a cheap easy upgrade, will have noticable difference, and if they needed replacing, its much cheaper than a 4 pot setup.

Although i'd have gone for a GTE setup tbh

Oh hold up, i think I know why the brakes were so much better, they WERE for a 2.0 16v brake setup, not the 1.4 16v setup... :doh:

Still worked a lot better.
nik

16th Nov 07 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Discs can warp if your doing a lot of hard braking and keeping the brakes well up high in the temperature range.

Warped the standard 236's on the Corsa, but they were pants brakes, they really were poo

Nik, i've not said they are the best, i've mearly said better than standard. And on a 1.4 16v brakes, its not hard, they are awful...

Thats a cheap easy upgrade, will have noticable difference, and if they needed replacing, its much cheaper than a 4 pot setup.

Although i'd have gone for a GTE setup tbh

Oh hold up, i think I know why the brakes were so much better, they WERE for a 2.0 16v brake setup, not the 1.4 16v setup... :doh:

Still worked a lot better.

I was talking about the ref. to the max power statement in the opening post
Daimo B

16th Nov 07 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahhhhhhhh

What, you mean you don't highly rate Max Power and Fast Car for technical advise on how to increase your cars performance
AK

16th Nov 07 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that would have to be some very very very very very hot brakes to warp/distort 20-30mm thick lumps of Iron

pad deposits...
nik

16th Nov 07 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I do listen to them. The otherday I did some mods to my car and was over taken by an oap on a fold up push bike. I think the new chip needs mapping by an expert

Daimo B

16th Nov 07 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
that would have to be some very very very very very hot brakes to warp/distort 20-30mm thick lumps of Iron

pad deposits...

Its all about the braking, not about the top speed baby

The astras suffered much worse abuse though, and they are fine. I reckon it was just the pooey brakes...

1.4 16v are 236mm x 17mm wide... About the size of a small plate...

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Upgraded my Brakes 23 database queries in 0.0126760 seconds