corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » £25k what car?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author £25k what car?
Dom H

User status: Offline
5th Nov 07 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aPk
If I'd got 100k, the last place I'd be asking is Corsasport TBH
AndyKent

5th Nov 07 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing against the site I should add, but a porsche, lambo, fezza forum etc. would be my first choice
dannymccann

5th Nov 07 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you should definetly use the money for a deposit on something which will retain its value, such as the house / flat etc.

BUT

its your money, do what you will with it
LeeM

5th Nov 07 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats to say a house will retain its value, if youd told my mum when she bought her house for 15 grand that shes sell it for 145 grand she would of told u to stop takin drugs.
opposite may happen and people just wont want to pay as much/cant afford to buy houses and prices will drop again
TheCam

5th Nov 07 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXRI'd go on holiday, round the world, take a year out and see the life out there insted of spunking it all on a bit of aluminium

100% agree, travelling the world IMO is the best thing anyone could do, you would never ever replace those memories. priceless, the things ud see. ask the guy on here that done it, some of his pics were unbelievable.

if it was me spending that much i'd have a fancy audi i think.
AK

5th Nov 07 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm 100% not on the same wave length as these take a year out to travel monkies

just dont get it... Why take a year out... (you have holidays during a work year, used them!

A month a year is enough travelling, just do it in stages

bums
LeeM

5th Nov 07 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but you see more of the world than most do and thats with work!
TheCam

5th Nov 07 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK

just dont get it... Why take a year out... (you have holidays during a work year, used them!

bums

do it in stages??? what do u mean, a different country or 2 a year??
If I could afford to I would take as much as 2 years out and travel the world, the experiences would be priceless, that is my dream to do.

I understand where your coming from tho, opinions differ.
TheCam

5th Nov 07 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee_wee
but you see more of the world than most do and thats with work!

AK what do u work as?
Tom

5th Nov 07 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting it all done in one trip makes some sense though if you have the desire (long haul flights are expensive). Being able to explore and move on to wherever takes your fancy is the big attraction imo.
AK

5th Nov 07 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a fanny doctor in west africa
Tom

5th Nov 07 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

actually you must get to see some nice places on your travels AK, you probably take it for granted
Daimo B

5th Nov 07 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK

bums

I agree, but dunno if this lads a student, got a FT job etc..

I I were doing it, i'd take like 3 weeks off, go one place, then a few long weekends away, skiing, new york, rome, etc...

Point was is that theres so much more out there to see that spunking it on a car, hence why mines going Worlds a big place, and theres so much to see and do, that i'd rather do that.

You also have sick days during the year, these can be very handy too, i call them extended holidays
AK

5th Nov 07 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Getting it all done in one trip makes some sense though if you have the desire (long haul flights are expensive). Being able to explore and move on to wherever takes your fancy is the big attraction imo.

yes... but i dont see the attraction of putting your life on hold for a few years just to see 'stuff' when in reality you cant really afford it!

I'm all for traveling - but once your life is settled

Example.

Say this guy is starting out in work - has come into money. Rents a house etc. He's maybe 24

He goes away for a year, jacks in his work, spends all his cash, and is now 25 and skint with nothing but photos and memories to show.

Memories are memories - regardless of when you obtain them. Granted you may have more fun doing it if you're single and young, but I just dont see the point.

You can go to mongolia for a month and travel like a jakie for a while, fly home - still have a job and money and go somewhere different next time.

I think 'travelling' is too fashionable and is the done thing for post university idiots who have no idea what they want in life. Tell me i'm wrong.
AK

5th Nov 07 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
actually you must get to see some nice places on your travels AK, you probably take it for granted

I see some nice places, I see a lot of not nice places. Traveling with work gets tiresome and going home and being at home is great.

I hate america, africa, but loved being in Mexico, Malaysia etc
TheCam

5th Nov 07 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

yes... but i dont see the attraction of putting your life on hold for a few years just to see 'stuff' when in reality you cant really afford it!

Example.

Say this guy is starting out in work - has come into money. Rents a house etc. He's maybe 24

He goes away for a year, jacks in his work, spends all his cash, and is now 25 and skint with nothing but photos and memories to show.

Memories are memories - regardless of when you obtain them. Granted you may have more fun doing it if you're single and young, but I just dont see the point.

You can go to mongolia for a month and travel like a jakie for a while, fly home - still have a job and money and go somewhere different next time.

I think 'travelling' is too fashionable and is the done thing for post university idiots who have no idea what they want in life. Tell me i'm wrong.

makes sense actually, I'd love to go travelling but I personally wouldnt care how old i am when i do it and I'd have to be stable financially, I have a long time to get my finger out and do it.
Tom

5th Nov 07 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

Example.

I won't tell you your wrong cos' you aren't really, however the factor of it being more fun when you are young and/or single is a big consideration. The older you get and the more commitments you have (financial and relationship wise) the more likely it'll become a non-starter or a less appealing way of visiting places.

The overall experience of just sort of roaming around is the appealing bit to me now. In terms of leaving things behind and having nothing to come back to, it's up to you if that's something your willing to do.
Sunz

5th Nov 07 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
R34 GT-R

maybe even a v-spec

For 25k?

Could defo get the r34-gtr for £25k.
I see alot of them for £24k-£25k alot of money but its a perfect machine in my view.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » £25k what car? 23 database queries in 0.0131538 seconds