corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » I'm sad.....

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I'm sad.....
Hammer

User status: Offline
28th Sep 07 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Home's are full of characters if you take time out to talk to them, i've sat and talked with an old army general telling me his plans to break out the place right through to an old squaddie that stands with a bucket and sponge and washes every single car that goes into the car park, he 'won't have any dirty cars on his watch' brilliant stuff
JadeM
Premium Member

28th Sep 07 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kathryn W
quote:
Originally posted by Whittie

Make the most of the time you have with her

I totally agree with this.

My nan and grandad both died within 4 weeks of each other. I hadn't seen either of them in weeks before they died. I seen my nan about a week before she died and my grandad about a month.

I totally regret not going to see them. I really would do anything to have them back and just to spend some quality time with them. But i can't.

One of the biggest mistakes I made was not going to visit them. But i was young, thought going out was more important.

I often cry over them

So makesure Jade you do spend loads of time with her, comfort her, make her feel good!!!

I will, I feel a bit guilty - I used to see her everyday, but lately if I was honest I've not seen nearly as much off her as I used to, too wrapped up in my own wee world I guess
JadeM
Premium Member

28th Sep 07 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Home's are full of characters if you take time out to talk to them, i've sat and talked with an old army general telling me his plans to break out the place right through to an old squaddie that stands with a bucket and sponge and washes every single car that goes into the car park, he 'won't have any dirty cars on his watch' brilliant stuff

I bet you could write a book!!! Even in the few weeks since gran's mind began to 'wander' she's come out with a few howlers its sad but funny at the same time
Hammer

28th Sep 07 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Funnily enough my old gran say's i could write her book for her and she'll dictate the stories to me, aye nae bother gran
JadeM
Premium Member

28th Sep 07 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
Same sort of situation going on with my nan at the minute. My mum cannot cope with her on her own. She'll be cooking tea so my nan will piss all over the floor. She'll need to pop to the shop whilst someone has 5 mins to watch me nan so me nan will take hours to come down stairs etc. It just gets worse! I'm just off to take her the doctors with my sister now.

Had the same problem with my nans sister. Her not having any children of her own meant that my mum had to look after her. But we didn't have enough space in the house for my nan and her sister. So she had to go into a nursing home Cannot fault the home really, they gave her medication and kept an eye on her and her health. She died after about 18 months of being in the home of a heart attack

I visited her a couple of times a week, just wish i had of gone more now None of our fucking family went in to see her. It's the same with my nan, no-one comes and visits apart from her son on a Sunday morning. My nan had 4 kids ffs

Andrew I feel for you, my mum has done most of the caring for gran over the years even tho gran has 5 offsprings.
Andrew

28th Sep 07 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jade, she will be ok in the right nursing home. As Ed says, when you go in they are all shouting abuse at one another and then the next minute are chatting along nicely It's kind of fun to see.

You are allowed to take your relatives out for the day and home for the likes of Christmas etc.
Andrew

28th Sep 07 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JadeM
Andrew I feel for you, my mum has done most of the caring for gran over the years even tho gran has 5 offsprings.

Aye Our family have disapeared now she needs looking after. They will all be there holding there hands out when she passes away..
Kathryn W

28th Sep 07 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JadeM

Aye Our family have disapeared now she needs looking after. They will all be there holding there hands out when she passes away..

Think its the same in all families to be honest.

Was the same in mine.
JadeM
Premium Member

28th Sep 07 at 15:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Jade, she will be ok in the right nursing home. As Ed says, when you go in they are all shouting abuse at one another and then the next minute are chatting along nicely It's kind of fun to see.

You are allowed to take your relatives out for the day and home for the likes of Christmas etc.

I'll take Colin along, he'll be right at home in amongst them all by the sounds of things !!!

Mum usually takes gran out for lunch on a Saturday and Sunday, it would be great if they would let us do that.

Thanks for your advice folks, you've kind of settle my mind a bit. Things might not be as bad as I had imagined
Rob E

28th Sep 07 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im in the same boat, my nain went into a home yesterday because she has been really ill lately and needs someone with her 247. He short term memory is going rapidly and she finaly gave up driving last week at the age of 92 It made me really upset going to see her in the nursing home but my typical nain just wanted to go home because she was bored bless her hope your nan gets good treatement, the one my nain is in seems a pleasant place and the staff are friendly enough so its not all bad

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » I'm sad..... 23 database queries in 0.0107419 seconds