corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » AV reciever Help please :)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author AV reciever Help please :)
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
23rd Aug 07 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i need a decent av reciever to finish of my set up in my room, but... it needs to have 3x HDMI inputs!!!

any recommendations???
i went to richer sounds and they had the cambridge 640r, however £600 is over my budget though, but it is a beast for its price range!

im looking for around £400, £500 MAX! any ideas??

Tim
Site Administrator

23rd Aug 07 at 13:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sony DG910 has 3 I think. Other than that you're getting quite over your budget (the higher-end Denons and Yamaha come with 3 in 1 out).

Maybe check Pioneer too -- think they might have a 3 HDMI amp.
MoNkEy MaGiC

24th Aug 07 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ooow thats sweet, is it any good though lol??

Tim
Site Administrator

24th Aug 07 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently it shares a lot of its components with the Sony ES range (which get rave reviews/awards etc).

Best bet is go and have a listen to one. Most amps in that budget are much of a muchness. What speakers you pairing it with?
MoNkEy MaGiC

24th Aug 07 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i currently have a very old sony 5.1 hifi which i think is great, so i will be keeping the speakers! but i cant really say if the speakers are great or compare them because their the only ones i have ever had lol! fronts are 100watts and the surronds are about 60watts i think, they are loud clear and the bass is nice.

ive noticed the price is low on this sony amp, but i guess its because it also lacks connections as ive read a few reviews and seen pics, however i do not need them, its mainly the hdmi im concerned with

but i want it to be a good quality sounding amp

[Edited on 24-08-2007 by MoNkEy MaGiC]
Tim
Site Administrator

24th Aug 07 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good quality is in the ear of the beholder

Some people think their £199 amp sounds brilliant, some love their £3k amp, Best bet is just go listen to one.

[Edited on 24-08-2007 by Tim]
MoNkEy MaGiC

24th Aug 07 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahhh i see what you mean..

i will definitely hear it before buying one then
i guess as long as it sounds a lot better than my current hifi i will be happy lol

thank you

New Poll