corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car's unwell :(

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car's unwell :(
nik

User status: Offline
14th Aug 07 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Big service is about 40k miles IIRC cambelt etc, not got service book on me to hand!
nik

14th Aug 07 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Evo 4 onwards should be serviced every 4,500 miles (or 6 months) with more major service intervals every 9,000, 18,000 and 45,000 miles (cam belt). Each 4,500 service should include the changing of the AYC fluid (GSR) as well as the normal oil and filter change however, the interval for changing the AYC fluids maybe extended to 18,000 miles at a later date.
deanmcreynolds26

15th Aug 07 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was the running costs that put me off an evo but i start a new job soon with company van so its making me think about gettin one as i wont do as many miles now..

got a mate that could do all the fluid change services jsut the bigger service i would want done by a mistsi garage..

was there much change in engine/box between 5, 6 and 7? i prefer the look of the 5/6 but then i think would prefer a 7 as its a newer car less miles
nik

15th Aug 07 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As the name Evolution suggests each new model is better. The 8 and 9 have by far the best/strongest engines for tuning (diffs are stronger etc too, can take 500+ no probs where as the V/VI diff gets a tad unhappy at 420+). The VI is a better engine than the 5 (stronger internals) but it gets expensive if you want over 350-360bhp. These figures can be reached easily on the 8 and 9, 400bhp+ is a doddle on a 9.

7 onwards is a six speed box too which is much nicer, the 6 was a bit annoying on motorways. IMO build quality is much better on the 7 onwards, the 5/6 just look too dated now, inside they are appalling. They aren't exactly Rolls Royce on the 7 onwards but it really is better ten fold.

[Edited on 15-08-2007 by nik]
deanmcreynolds26

15th Aug 07 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

7 is sounding quite good, should really get on the lancer register for a few months and learn some more about them! cheers
nik

15th Aug 07 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

7's are a good buy I think. Probably better to buy one with a few mod's already on as your bound to want to do some and it'll save a few k!
gunzi

15th Aug 07 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could OS Giken internals be worth considering if you regularly eat 'boxes?
nik

15th Aug 07 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think it's my fault, I suspect the previous owner is at fault as he had the first gearbox replaced, then this one has gone after me only doing 4-5,000 miles with it. Don't hear of many problems with them so I reckon it's down to his bad/hard driving.
Fad

15th Aug 07 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you dont do many miles they make sense but its the general filling up that kills you. I do around 4k a year at the minute so would be a tempting buy as my mates dad is a Ralliart technician too.
AK

15th Aug 07 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you have to think about miles etc you dont want an Evo.

You see so many 'of that sort of car' for sale a few months after someone has bought thinking i can just get by.
If you can just get by - dont.
nik

16th Aug 07 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update, Mitsi have confirmed there was a problem with some of the gear boxes. Been replaced with a new update 'box which should sort the problem, car should be back Monday so not too bad
Gareth

16th Aug 07 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You got the colt then for the weekend
Stu

16th Aug 07 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What did they say about the mods on the car? Your lucky, they could have turned round and said it was the extra power that was killing them?

At least its getting sorted tho!

Stu
nik

16th Aug 07 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No Colt I'm afraid, stuck with my van it's probably quicker

Could have done Stu but probably not worth a pissed off customer, they have obviously had a fair few come back under warrenty. Not fit for purpose and all that.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car's unwell :( 23 database queries in 0.0167501 seconds