corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine Fecked?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine Fecked?
corsa_nation

User status: Offline
31st Jul 07 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had my car in a garage for a week, it was giving a really bad clicking noise from the head. The garage found the oil strainer was blocked so they reckon that was the problem, it still makes the noise. They said its not safe to drive and could go boom, but they havent even stripped the head down to see what has happened. What do you reckon i should do? get the engine stripped or get a quote on a new engine -1.4 16v corsa by the way. So annoying seeing as i need the car for work!
marklawton

31st Jul 07 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got the same problem, its like its tapping, gets worse the higher the revs go,
mattievRS

31st Jul 07 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The engine wont go bang!!It sounds like a knackered lifter on the engine.I presume its an x14xe?It could also be an oil problem.Id change the oil and filter and flush the oil out with engine flush then refill mate.If that doesnt fix it then get the lifters out and replaced.I think that will sort the problem.
Vaux Lad

31st Jul 07 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It could be knocking big end bearings tho.
Altho if its a light tap from the top end its definently lifters.

New Poll