corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Wanted » Corsa b X16XE Engine 16v

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa b X16XE Engine 16v
jimbojambojumbo

User status: Offline
30th Jul 07 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im looking for an X16XE engine for the wifes corsa sport(she blew it up AGAIN) id prefer a non smoker miles around 70k if possible within a decent traveling range of thurrock essex if anyone has one or knows of where one is available at a decent price i can be contacted on 07717745713 or email lcarlsberg@yahoo.com

ps there is no immediate rush as i have bought her another car but i just want to get this one completed so i can sell it on

also does anyone know if an X16XEL will fit without mods if i use my manifolds etc?

[Edited on 30-07-2007 by jimbojambojumbo]
scottyp1989

30th Jul 07 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i mite have one soon mate if i dont get enough intrest in my car. mite be bit far for you to travel tho. let me now
cheers

scott
1.5TD

30th Jul 07 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have one runs lovely but it smokes, not after much, has box attached etc just missing cambelt & water pump.
mike_sport

30th Jul 07 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A X16XEL will fit if ur usin ur own inlet and the XEL`s inletis to big to fit in the engine bay!
jimbojambojumbo

31st Jul 07 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mike_sport
A X16XEL will fit if ur usin ur own inlet and the XEL`s inletis to big to fit in the engine bay!

thanks mike i thought that the manifolds were the only difference
that gives me a few more options from breakers yards at least if i have no joy here
SVM 286

31st Jul 07 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry, off topic, but you have almost the best user name ever and it's a pleasure to see a CS member that is of a similar vintage to me Jimbo.

That is all.
jimbojambojumbo

31st Jul 07 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scottyp1989
i mite have one soon mate if i dont get enough intrest in my car. mite be bit far for you to travel tho. let me now
cheers

scott

whereabouts m8?
scottyp1989

31st Jul 07 at 02:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dudley near birmingham mate
1.5TD

31st Jul 07 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been informed that the ports on the XEL (Astra Vectra engine) are different to the XE (Corsa Tigra), this was from a breakers yard who had nothing to gain with the info as he didn't have either engine at the time!
jimbojambojumbo

31st Jul 07 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
Sorry, off topic, but you have almost the best user name ever and it's a pleasure to see a CS member that is of a similar vintage to me Jimbo.

That is all.

hehe its a bit of mouthful but its a username ive used on forums for a good few years now as for vintage i was guessing i was probably in a minority on here lol
jimbojambojumbo

31st Jul 07 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1.5TD
I have been informed that the ports on the XEL (Astra Vectra engine) are different to the XE (Corsa Tigra), this was from a breakers yard who had nothing to gain with the info as he didn't have either engine at the time!

ive decided against the x16xel now anyway as i found out its 6bhp less than the x16xe not a lot of difference i know but i dont want it to be a slug
boz_gsi

31st Jul 07 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a x16xe m8 head is off at the min so would need a headgasket but have everything else with it
jimbojambojumbo

31st Jul 07 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by boz_gsi
i have a x16xe m8 head is off at the min so would need a headgasket but have everything else with it

i'll bear it in mind but your a bit further than i wanted to travel im gonna strip the wifes one this week and see exactly what she's done i might only need a head.
boz_gsi

1st Aug 07 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jimbojambojumbo
quote:
Originally posted by boz_gsi

i'll bear it in mind but your a bit further than i wanted to travel im gonna strip the wifes one this week and see exactly what she's done i might only need a head.

i also have 1 in the garage already off the engine m8
jimbojambojumbo

3rd Aug 07 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i stripped most of it down today and it seems the water pump broke up so its definately gonna be a head replacement im thinking of doing this one and keeping it now as the one i bought her to replace this one does not have abs and they are both 99 although one is on a V and the busted one is on a T
im gonna hold on till the head is off which should be tomorrow all going well to see just how badly damaged it is.
SAL
Premium Member

14th Aug 07 at 12:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=378119
jimbojambojumbo

21st Aug 07 at 01:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stavs
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=378119

too many miles m8 i need a clean low mileage engine if im gonna change it or i may as well rebuild mine as its only done 54k and its only the head thats damaged as water pump broke up and the valves only bent on trying to start it not while running.

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Wanted » Corsa b X16XE Engine 16v 25 database queries in 0.0134311 seconds