corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Mmmm, What to do??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mmmm, What to do??
--DAN--

User status: Offline
27th Jul 07 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, I currently live in a 3 bed detatched new build on the edge of town in a reasonably quiet area, however I would prefer to live in a smaller village as that is where I was brought up. A property has just come on the market in a lovely little village, the house itself is on a big cliff overlooking a river. Its detatched and has a good sized garden, but it is only two bed and has a strange floor layout upstairs which could cause problems.(basically you have to pass through a bedroom to reach the bathroom). But, its on the market for only 150k!!

So I could basically sell my house, about 200k market value, only 100k mortgage, and have around 50k capital to carry out improvements.

Do you think that would be enough for sorting out the floor plan and building an extention with at least one further bedroom, and also tidying the outside up a little.

This is the property

[Edited on 27-07-2007 by corsa-dan]

[Edited on 27-07-2007 by corsa-dan]
Cosmo

27th Jul 07 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the floorplan CAN be sorted out then go for it, the rooms will have to be big enough to to jiggle them around and make seperate access to them both though.
--DAN--

27th Jul 07 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ed

27th Jul 07 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How big are the rooms? The kitchen and the living room could be joined together. The downstairs cloakroom could be turned into a wetroom or bathroom if you swiped some space from the dining room. the dining room could even be joined to the kitchen diner. You wuodl then have an en-suite master and a second room
Colin

27th Jul 07 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems alot of jiggery poke to get it how you'd want it. Isnt there anything else within budget??
--DAN--

27th Jul 07 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ed - given me a few good ideas there mate.

colin- its in a prime position and would gain a lot of value with modernisation.
Forever_Hatter

27th Jul 07 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks lovely, Couldnt you possibly have a stud wall added into bedroom 1.....where the door is and leading to the bathroom?

So in effect adding a corridor from the lading to the bathroom?
Kathryn W

27th Jul 07 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ed's idea sounds good. Although not many people like the idea of a downstairs bathroom...

Possibly you could re-arrange upstairs

Make the bathroom master with en-suite. Bedroom 1 put a corridor across and extend into bedroom 2 and possibly split bedroom two into a bathroom and small bedroom/office...

Possibly hard work and lots of money although might not be worth it if the rooms are small..

Looks a lovely house though

New Poll