corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa B overheating ? advice needed !!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B overheating ? advice needed !!
m4cK

User status: Offline
18th Jul 07 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi!! need some advice, my g/f got a 1998 Corsa B 1.2 16v and lately its been going up to 90-100 degrees and sounding a wee bit rough, ive checked the water/coolant level and that is fine and hasn't gone down in the last couple days so im guessing its not a head gasket?? wonder if there is a common fault maybe ? looked at fan briefly but not enough to find out if its actually turning on. any advice much appreciated
vx.racing

18th Jul 07 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wrong section. Delete this and put it into Help Zone.
Colin

18th Jul 07 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the fans not coming on it could be either the fan switch or the thermostat, the later went on mine, wasnt too hard to fix.
m4cK

18th Jul 07 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for reply.
Colin

18th Jul 07 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take a look to see if theres any sludge on the oil cap & header tank aswell which would point to head gasket being fooked.
Richie

18th Jul 07 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This happened to mine and I had to replace the coolant fan temperature switch on the top side of the radiator.... and I also replaced the thermostat as it was sticking.....
darkgazza

20th Jul 07 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by m4cK
Hi!! need some advice, my g/f got a 1998 Corsa B 1.2 16v and lately its been going up to 90-100 degrees and sounding a wee bit rough, ive checked the water/coolant level and that is fine and hasn't gone down in the last couple days so im guessing its not a head gasket?? wonder if there is a common fault maybe ? looked at fan briefly but not enough to find out if its actually turning on. any advice much appreciated

some corsas i have noticed that the thermostat has a high limit before the fan kicks in.... if you dont like it going up to 90-100 change the thermostat to one with a lower temp rating thats what i done

New Poll