corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » very peeeeed off

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author very peeeeed off
broster
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Jun 07 at 06:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Poot
Oh forgot to mention too, send mother dearest to my local vauxhall dealer today, the robbing coonts want £23.68 PER inlet valve (yes thats 1), and an exhaust valve is 5 quid more

So when I see this on ebay, I wonder would these be the exact same items?

shit thats alot of money! can get stainless one piece valves for less
Poot

User status: Offline
28th Jun 07 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took the head to a local engine place, charged me 90quid for a skim and 10 valve guides, cant complain at that

Spent a whole day rebuilding the engine, made sure everything was right, tensions, new valve stem seals ect....

and it ran spot on pulls like a train in every gear

My piston rings were fairly worn before, and now I think due to the increased compression (They skimmed a shed load off the head ) Its sucking fcuk loads of oil past the pistons, I've never seen an engine smoke so badly as mine at the moment

Soo I think once my insurance runs out on the 1.6 next month, its coming off the road for a few months

1.2 power to thrash about in again

[Edited on 28-06-2007 by Poot]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » very peeeeed off 23 database queries in 0.0087590 seconds