corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Flash/Actionscript/Macromedia Peeps

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Flash/Actionscript/Macromedia Peeps
Dom

User status: Offline
7th Jun 07 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Currently designing a hybrid flash/html site, with a flash front end menu system and html content pages (to get a higher ranking with search engines as well as ease for updating).

Idea is, is for the user to beable to click a button and then the screen zooms towards the button to a bigger frame and displays a linked html (which is scrollable etc). Pressing a "back/home" button will do the reverse (as if zooming out of the button back into menu system).

Question is, is it possible to have something like a html iframe within flash? - ie: flash displaying a linked html file?

From what i gather it isn't possible (although you can use html tags within flash variables/strings) nor is there an object i can use that will do it.

The only other way i know is for it to have a zooming animation when the button is pressed and then for it to redirect to a html page - but obviously it isn't as smooth and i would loose the "reverse" animation etc.

Cheers for any help,
Dom
Rus

7th Jun 07 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

activeBtn.onRelease = function():Void {
getURL("http://www.yoursite.com/productListXXX.aspx?pass=" + receiver);
}

you can do an if statement in the asp.net like

If pass = 0 Then
Response.Redirect("/yoursite2.aspx")
End If

maybe do that on page_load

but basically the flash file calls a new aspx page and thats if statement tells it what to do. like you would attach a different .swf if pass = 0. or whatever

does that make sense?
Rus

7th Jun 07 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i don't know if basic html does if statements. i only know asp.net
Dom

7th Jun 07 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry mate, i think i was a bit cack at explaining what i wanted to do

Like an iFrame embedded onto a html page, you can get that iframe to load xxxxx html page without the index page redirecting/changing to another page. And then change the iframe source etc etc

Im after something the same for flash, where i can embedded a "iframe" onto the flash stage which loads xxx html page (this page changes based on buttons pressed).

I want to create a flash front end (the user will only see this) and then displays html pages within that flash front end - im trying to make it easier for myself to update (ie: only the html pages need to be changed).

i'll try and find an example of what i mean.....but hopefully the above is a better explaination

cheers for the help though rus
Rus

7th Jun 07 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

var imgLoader:MovieClipLoader;

var container:MovieClip = this.createEmptyMovieClip("container", this.getNextHighestDepth());

then using the loadClip function? i'm only guessing at this point as i've only ever imported images. the "images" bit is the destination, the container bit is where to attach it.

imgLoader = new MovieClipLoader();
imgLoader.loadClip("/images/01.jpg", container);

you maybe able to load a html document but i dunno. never tried. There is another way but i'll be here forever giving you the connection scripts via asp.net and loading scripts for actionscript
Dom

7th Jun 07 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doesn't seem to want to work, reports errors Looks like it isn't possible to have a floating iframe style object within flash....

nevermind, another website design then

New Poll