corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.4 8v airbox

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.4 8v airbox
mikehiow

User status: Offline
23rd May 07 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys, bought a cheap 5dr corsa b (92/93) the other day and noticed something amis with the airbox, there is no air feed to it at all, however I'm unsure of how it is supposed to be assembled

There appears to be a flap on a vacuum over what I would think is the main cold air intake, however this flap seems to be closed all the time? I can get some pipework, just wanted to know the correct assembly for it, wasn't sure if there was a cold start feed somewhere....

Cheers in advance,
mikehiow

23rd May 07 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump
corsasriboy

23rd May 07 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think ther are 2 feeds to the air box you are referring to.1 from the front of the car (the cold air feed) and one from a tube that is attatced to the exhaust manifold cover (a hot air feed) the flap then moves accordingly to wot air it feels necessary somehow.you could just get a corsa sri 8v airbox and swap it on as this just has the 1 cold air feed.hope this helps!your best bet which ever way u choose is to go down the scrapyard and pull bits off of other corsas!lol.
mikehiow

23rd May 07 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I'll remove the flap, use that as a cold air feed and plug up the hole at the bottom.

There is no manifold cover on mine, which is why I was confused about the cold start feed.

New Poll