corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » failed :(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author failed :(
N90ATH

User status: Offline
   14th May 07 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

car failed it bloody mot for 3 reasons, 2of them were really annoying

1st: no water in washer bottle lol
2nd: number plate light not working
3rd: both front coil springs were not seated right

bloody annoying as they wouldnt do any of teh work to put them right so when i got home from work up went the car and on went some nice metal cable ties to hold spirings in seats properly, in went a new blub and in went some water now gotta wait till tomoz to get the partial retest done before i can drive it around
Kano

14th May 07 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shouldn't leave getting your car mot'd till the last day then.. Always best to do it a few weeks early..
N90ATH

14th May 07 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol i know my own fault really, but not too bad got an mot for today when i called on sat and mot only just ran out
Cupra Steve
Banned

14th May 07 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kano
Shouldn't leave getting your car mot'd till the last day then.. Always best to do it a few weeks early..

I thought if you get the MOT done early, if it fails then that means it has no MOT.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

14th May 07 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No as you have MOT until the expiry date, if it passes early they can forward date it so you still have 12months from the current expiry date not the date tested ( I think)

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Kano

14th May 07 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
No as you have MOT until the expiry date, if it passes early they can forward date it so you still have 12months from the current expiry date not the date tested ( I think)

Correct!
AdamF
Premium Member

14th May 07 at 19:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

technically having an mot now invalidates the old one as VOSA can see your driving an un roadworthy car.

however if you were asked to produce for police etc there would be no problem with it. so technically it still does have mot on it
Colin

14th May 07 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah if you get it done 28 days before its up you get 13 months on the new test!!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » failed :( 24 database queries in 0.0097260 seconds