corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Exhaust hitting rear beam when lowered??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Exhaust hitting rear beam when lowered??
paulocutts

User status: Offline
1st May 07 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone else had the problem of the exhausting hitting the rear suspension beam as it bends over the top??

I have mine lowered 60mm at the moment and it hits over larger bumps. Shocks are set quite stiff, but there isn't much clearance.

I am going to have to get a new exhaust made to clear it as I want to lower a bit more.

Just wondered if anyone had the same problem and what they did?

Cheers
Toby
Premium Member

1st May 07 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

need to repharse it really, who hasnt had that problem, mine bangs like a bastard but getting it sorted with a custom made cat back in a few weeks
try putting something over the beam that wont melt and will stop meltal on metal clanging

[Edited on 01-05-2007 by CorsaB4ever]
paulocutts

1st May 07 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh right so its not just somethin odd on my car then!

Its so annoying!!
Mase
Premium Member

1st May 07 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i ended up getting mine modified to clear the beam....

Mase
J B

1st May 07 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sometimes the exhaust can twist causing it to bank/knock on the rear beam, has done it on both my corsa's but really easy to sort cost me a fiver at the local garage for them to twist it back and put on a new U-bracket.
ENB

1st May 07 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, took mine to the local garage just last week for the knocking (and a couple of other things), said it was the bracket on the exhaust simply tapping, said he'd twisted it so it wouldn't knock, it doesn't, sorted.
paulocutts

1st May 07 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool cheers guys, I will have a look at the weekend see if I can adjust it :-)
sam-smith

1st May 07 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stuck an exhaust rubber cut in half on it. cable tied on. sorted it

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Exhaust hitting rear beam when lowered?? 24 database queries in 0.0122862 seconds