corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fitting front and rear poly bushes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitting front and rear poly bushes
DAZ1985

User status: Offline
29th Apr 07 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitting front and rear poly bushes

Can the front wishbone be disconected without removing the bottom ball joint? could i remove the ball joint from the wishbone as it looks easy enough?

How easy are the rear ones to do does the axle need to be removed? can i just unbolt the joint knock out as best possible the old bush and insert the new one and reassemble?

I just dont fancy setting up the handbrake again if it needs to be removed

Thanks in advance
Ben ev

29th Apr 07 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would say it would be easier to remove the rear beam as most times its a bitch to press the bushes in. also prob have to burn out the old ones. bit close to the tank imo. fronts just remove the whole assembly in a one'er as most of the bushes have been sat in there 10-15 years and they can be abit stubbon
Jake

29th Apr 07 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can be done if you pull down the trailing arm but will be quite awkward to press out the old bushes. Was a piece of piss to put the new ones in on mine
DAZ1985

29th Apr 07 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just finished doing the rear, with it still on the car. one side flew out and had to burn the other out. The rear bush i put in was a split one abit of gentle persuasion and job done

fronts next weekend me thinks, remove the whole thing definatly

Thanks for the replies anyway

New Poll