corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Astra Coupe Turbo...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Astra Coupe Turbo...
Jambo

User status: Offline
27th Apr 07 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get an edition 100
Rachel H

27th Apr 07 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They didn't make a Edition 100 turbo though?
Jambo

27th Apr 07 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did they not?! Thought they did...

In that case get a linea rossa
Rachel H

27th Apr 07 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They might have done, sure they only came as 1.8's
glasgow_corsa_c

28th Apr 07 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rachel H
They might have done, sure they only came as 1.8's

nah, 1.8 and 2.2 only... same with any of the SE models aswell.

i had a 2.2 se2 coupe... They handle like a boat standard. I Fitted Fk coilovers to mine and the handling was dramatically improved.

if ur getting a turbo then try get a leather one as the cloth interiors are shite to say the least
Marshall

28th Apr 07 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 888 version is worth a look.
Paul_J

28th Apr 07 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/161648.htm

Whats peoples thoughts on this? What do coupe's handle like? Quick? Looks fantastic, needs a GSI bumper but that can all get done i suppose.

Hmm I quite like the look of that (and the one later down in the thread)

They seem remarkably cheap?

I'm looking for something newer / comfyier... Just wondering If I'd feel one of these was too much of a barge though.
glasgow_corsa_c

28th Apr 07 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marshall

888 version aint unless he wants to spend bout 10k.

end of the day , u have the same power etc and a lot left over in your wallet for tuning/handling buying a coupe turbo
Marshall

28th Apr 07 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by glasgow_corsa_c
quote:

end of the day , u have the same power etc and a lot left over in your wallet for tuning/handling buying a coupe turbo

decent 888s are available for about 9k and have a lot of the items he would be looking to fit already on it. and then theres the exclusivity and thus they hold should hold their price better than a modified coupe.
glasgow_corsa_c

28th Apr 07 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by glasgow_corsa_c
quote:

decent 888s are available for about 9k and have a lot of the items he would be looking to fit already on it. and then theres the exclusivity and thus they hold should hold their price better than a modified coupe.

yeh but a coupe turbo can be had for bout 5k.... so effectively an extra 4-5grand for a kit and all that jazz when only real improvement he needs is a say a couple of hundred quid suspension kit.

yes they should hold their value but at the end of the day the only reason they hold money like that is due to folk paying the stupid asking prices that these go for.

end of the day, 5 grand coupe + 500 quid say in suspension/handling and it wouldnt be any quicker than an 888.

plus, at least with a normal coupe the backseats match
Cupra Steve
Banned

29th Apr 07 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I absolutely hate the 888. I'd end up kicking the spoiler off anyway, fitting a GSI bumper, only thing i like about it is the interior.

That silver one turns out to be puffing blue smoke every now and again, although he has a replacement turbo, my brother (vaux mech) says it's not nessacerilly the turbo, could be leaking ouil elsewhere and considering it's about as far north of scotland i won't be going for that!

I really don't know what to do, astra turbo or ibiza cupra?
Colin

29th Apr 07 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spoiler looks too much 2001 Max Power style effort on the 888, looks ghastly!!!
Cupra Steve
Banned

29th Apr 07 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And you can't tell me it's for down force as i can't see it being too tail happy

mk4 golf 1.8t fits the bill too, looks like i'm gonna have fun once the 106 goes! I hate decisions.
glasgow_corsa_c

30th Apr 07 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I absolutely hate the 888. I'd end up kicking the spoiler off anyway, fitting a GSI bumper, only thing i like about it is the interior.

That silver one turns out to be puffing blue smoke every now and again, although he has a replacement turbo, my brother (vaux mech) says it's not nessacerilly the turbo, could be leaking ouil elsewhere and considering it's about as far north of scotland i won't be going for that!

I really don't know what to do, astra turbo or ibiza cupra?

i#m pretty sure that silver one used to be owned by a mate of mine.... i'll check with the guy 2morrow.
glasgow_corsa_c

2nd May 07 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, the silver one u were looking at used to owned by a mate of mine.

it did have full coilovers.. but after the other guy bought it he was moaning about how stiff and low they were... and apparently he was changing to standard springs and shocks on the front & leaving the coils on the rear
Cupra Steve
Banned

2nd May 07 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The guy does sound like a knob, he never mentioned in the ad origionally that it was puffing blue smoke, now he's saying if he was to sort it out he'd end up keeping it another year! So i told him i'm not driving to scotland to give him £4500 for it when it could be something else than the turbo especially when it's near 100k miles.
Jules

2nd May 07 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cupra Steve if you look at the ad for his car (his name is Rob) on the Astrasport forums you'll see he's been completely honest about it blowing a bit of smoke from the turbo, calling him a knob without actually knowing the guy is bang out of order as is slating his car without ever having seeing it!

Anyway, why does it have to be a coupe turbo? The 2.2 is nice aswell and although not as fast it has a shed load of torque.
There are the SE models to keep an eye out for.

I have proven that for your budget you can get a stonking car, ok so I got mine at a steal but they are out there, I'd happily of paid an extra £500-£750 for mine!
But I really would recommend a Astra G Coupe - lovely cars all round.
Just get a good one, wait for one to come along and don't let the money burn a hole in your pocket.
If it's a genuine good car to start with then you can always add things like a GSi bumper or uprated suspension at a later date - you can't do the same with low mileage or service history, what I'm saying is don't buy a car that has higher mileage than you want, less service history than you want all because it has a nice cet of wheels and suspension.
Cupra Steve
Banned

2nd May 07 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i know jules, but the origional ad on ph's never said anything about it.

So it was for sale before he knew about it, i said i'd be interested if he sorted it out, he then said if he was to do that he'd keep it, yet in his origional ad he was selling it when supposedly not knowing about the smoke. Sounds wierd to me.
glasgow_corsa_c

2nd May 07 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah i know jules, but the origional ad on ph's never said anything about it.

So it was for sale before he knew about it, i said i'd be interested if he sorted it out, he then said if he was to do that he'd keep it, yet in his origional ad he was selling it when supposedly not knowing about the smoke. Sounds wierd to me.

its ok steve, he is an actual walloper ( a knob to those who dont know that word )

personally, afte rhaving a 2.2 i would deffo say a turbo or a 1.8.

the 2.2 is a nice engine and the se's that i had were lovely, but at the end of the day it is heavy, drinks petrol more and is slower than the z20let.

nickyboy01

2nd May 07 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How about this one

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/cars-sale/305683-astra-coupe-turbo-51reg-europa-blue.html

Best colour and a nice blank canvas to work on

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Astra Coupe Turbo... 23 database queries in 0.0157828 seconds