corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » mechanic

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author mechanic
John

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 07 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What company is employing you for 20k + with a diploma.

NONE
bigdan

22nd Apr 07 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hav i finshed th course yet ya badger

and what is your job and what do u earn a yr ?
bigdan

22nd Apr 07 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

????
John

22nd Apr 07 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't see how it's relevant tbh.

You come back to me when you have your diploma and get straight into a 20k job.
csweatherston

22nd Apr 07 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the mechanical trade, is about 30% knowledge and 70% practical experience....
with just the knowledge and no experience you will find it very hard to get a 20k job

personally i would just become a parts storeman
Warren G

22nd Apr 07 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personal id stay out of the motor trade UNLESS you are with mercades, they pay good!
csweatherston

22nd Apr 07 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or if you can afford to open your own garage + mot station...the money will roll in then
bigdan

22nd Apr 07 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

csweatherston cheerz the most sensible ansa so far lol ppl tryin 2 argue with me and tht lol badgers i only wanted help lol
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Apr 07 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're not arguing with you.

quote:
Originally posted by bigdan
soon as i finish my course am a qualified techy salary 20+ in first year
They're telling you that this is crap. Whoever told you that has sold you a lie. No company I know of is employing people on that salary with that experience alone. Perhaps once, someone who had some other skills and experience passed that course and got a job once, but it is by no means the norm.

I work in a college teaching IT and I see people passing courses all the time. I also write references so I see a lot of job titles which people have applied for and most of them don't look like £20k. In fact more like half that, if its even an IT job. I've had bar work, security etc. No point even doing the course if it was just to pass it for an easy job. Doesn't happen.

Only the best students who work very hard indeed, have excellent numeracy and literacy, work on proper projects outside of college and have a genuine direction in life do OK. The hangers on who are in it because they think that there is money in IT at the lower end are usually disappointed.
Kurt

22nd Apr 07 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by csweatherston
the mechanical trade, is about 30% knowledge and 70% practical experience....
with just the knowledge and no experience you will find it very hard to get a 20k job

personally i would just become a parts storeman

im in parts currently at fiat/alfa, its a bit boring to be honest though, just tick and check stock, put it on the computer, book it out to customers, post parts, order more parts, serve technicians while doing everything else, answer phones and take phone orders/enquiries,

varies how busy i get but is still pretty boring, but my boss is willing to let me learn loads of different aspects so i can do pretty much any job within aftersales department earning me more cash as ill be a bit more of an asset to them
valverguy

22nd Apr 07 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

must admit that most technicians in computing are on 15K or less per year. networkers are on around 18K even development etc is on less than 20K programmers are on less than 20K only the top dogs who know almost all languages etc and can use any prgrammes earn big money per hour. I.T managers usualy hit 30K and a company car though but then again u need experience fo that job
bigdan

23rd Apr 07 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
They're not arguing with you.

quote:
soon as i finish my course am a qualified techy salary 20+ in first year
They're telling you that this is crap. Whoever told you that has sold you a lie. No company I know of is employing people on that salary with that experience alone. Perhaps once, someone who had some other skills and experience passed that course and got a job once, but it is by no means the norm.

I work in a college teaching IT and I see people passing courses all the time. I also write references so I see a lot of job titles which people have applied for and most of them don't look like £20k. In fact more like half that, if its even an IT job. I've had bar work, security etc. No point even doing the course if it was just to pass it for an easy job. Doesn't happen.

Only the best students who work very hard indeed, have excellent numeracy and literacy, work on proper projects outside of college and have a genuine direction in life do OK. The hangers on who are in it because they think that there is money in IT at the lower end are usually disappointed.

just what i needed 2 hear cheerz m8
bigdan

23rd Apr 07 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ian wat would u say is the best option ???
ENB

23rd Apr 07 at 03:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Re: IT diploma and 20k job...

i'm just about to finish a computing degree, and most jobs start a 15k - 35k as graduate schemes, however the higher the pay the better the degree you need.

A diploma and a handful a nvqs won't cut it...might be able to get a data entry job for like 12k...
bigdan

23rd Apr 07 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John

well ok window cleaner i love your skida aswell
bigdan

23rd Apr 07 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by John

well ok window cleaner i love your skoda aswell

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » mechanic 23 database queries in 0.0131650 seconds