corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Survey done

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Survey done
C2RL R

User status: Offline
13th Apr 07 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The guy who is buying my house has had his survey done this week. I accepted his offer over three weeks ago and he said he'd been approved for a mortgage so just wondering why it took so long. Is three weeks about rite coz i cant remember? How long does it usually take until you find out what came up on the survey?
Fee

13th Apr 07 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a bit different in Scotland I think...but when we offer on properties and they get accepted they usually get the survey organised for the following day.
You should get a verbal survey report the day it's done, if not the next day.
Get your solicitor to start chasing it up....it shouldn't take 3 weeks
C2RL R

13th Apr 07 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i thought. i've been phoning my solicitor at least three times a week to get progress reports and they are getting sick of me i think. I was under the impression that it was his mortgage lenders that instruct the survey so i guess it was a hold up on his side of things. Not had a report yet either. survey was done on wednesday.
RichR
Premium Member

13th Apr 07 at 08:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

our survey was done about 2 weeks after the acceptance of the offer; our land searches are the bit thats taken time
C2RL R

13th Apr 07 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The surveyor has broken my loft hatch also. Got a phone call wednesday off my estate agent saying he'd had an accident. He's tried to open the hatch but let it swing down and it hit him on the head and then fell off its hinges. The estate agent said "but dont worry too much as he's ok"....like i give a shit about his head when he's just broken my house!
Ally

13th Apr 07 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
thats what i thought. i've been phoning my solicitor at least three times a week to get progress reports and they are getting sick of me i think.

I rang mine every day, dont worry about it
AK

13th Apr 07 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

useless badgers....

Fee has been dealing with ours on the other flat but i'm not very impressed by them. Can never reach him, doesnt always call back... didnt list the parkign space and grounds in the survey.

twits
Fee

13th Apr 07 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
didnt list the parkign space and grounds in the survey.

I'm annoyed by that...especially since on the phone to him I mentioned the parking space so he clearly wasn't listening
AK

13th Apr 07 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but.... what did he say when you phoned him about it... Did he not realise that the value is effected by that... or did he know about and just not include it in the report?

New Poll