corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Grand Designs, property ladder etc etc

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Grand Designs, property ladder etc etc
Rob H

User status: Offline
   11th Apr 07 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it just me, or at 99% of the people they feature on these types of programs COMPLETE AND UTTER FUCKTARDS!?!

Seriously, Grand designs always seem to have an idiot who's drawn the plans on a post-it note, and start building before they've got planning permission, or enough money to pay the builders. Guaranteed they also want the house built out of cabbage and environmentally friendly sandwich wrappers, or some other green bollocks they don't really have the money to use effectively.

Then, most of these "people having a shot at property development for the first time", only ever seem to furnish the house as they'd like it, not for a broad market they'll eventually sell it too. Obviously they never listen to the experts on the show who've been in the buisness for years and know full well if they do X & Y it'll add shitloads to the final value, but they don't go ahead with it cause their cousins uncle's best mates daughter, who used to live in a house once said not to do it.

And don't get me started on programs like to buy or not to buy or relocation (x3), when they dismiss the whole house, 'cause the painted walls have stencilling on them, and the kitchen is a bit dated - the fact this house is £20k less than all the others and in a better location seemingly irrelevant.

It just makes me wonder how moron's like this get the money to do it in the first place

[/rant]

eddiewhiteley

11th Apr 07 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i was on property ladder id just say to sarah beaney "right tell me what to do and i'll do it" as she knows her stuff,most people on that are just ignorant fuckwits who dont want to listen
Robin
Premium Member

11th Apr 07 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree completely, they always try to do it their way, ends up costing more and not working as well.

Grand designs was good this week though
Jules S
Premium Member

11th Apr 07 at 21:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sarah Beeny

Nice job today though....although 'more money than sense' springs to mind
Ally

12th Apr 07 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the one with the american woman whos really upfront, she does a good job!

Last 2 days ground force has been on back to back on UKTV Gardens so i've been watching that
a_j_mair

12th Apr 07 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is good to watch but most of it is crap

the other day seen one.

mrs X bought the house for 70K

is going to spend 15K

then sell for 120K

numbers just pulled out thin air. They always make it seem so easy and miss out half the info.
Scotty_B

12th Apr 07 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watching property ladder last night made me want to kick the TV. The wee lassie needed a beating and a humping.
James

12th Apr 07 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A place in the sun is on tonight. Slightly different from the ones mentioned but still a good watch IMO.

New Poll