corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » speedo problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author speedo problems
Ben ev

User status: Offline
8th Apr 07 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have a problem with the speedo on the gsi. at first didnt work at all so took the clocks out and drove it, cable turned so put an allan key in the clocks and the needle also turned... strange put it back together and seemed to work ok but the needle stops at 20mph ish when stopping and dosnt increase well when acelerating quickly. any thoughts
vaux-tech

8th Apr 07 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

speedo drive in the box fecked? i need one for my gsi, a little trip into parts on tuesday me thinks...
Ben ev

8th Apr 07 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope its brand new and was fine in the other car with elec speedo drive. box is f28 but using the black f20 speedo ring gear.
Ben ev

8th Apr 07 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

???
Ben ev

9th Apr 07 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

considering buying a set of clocks and a new speedo cable as still cant figure out whats wrong. cable seems to be fairly stretched to the f28. would this make an adverse effect on the speedo if its tight like it is

just had a thought. not sure if i changed the drive that goes into the box and engauges with the black ring. may of rmoved the sender unit from the top and screw the end of the cable onto it as i think they are they same thread etc. would this make a difference?

[Edited on 09-04-2007 by Ben ev]

New Poll