corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » bit of advise...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bit of advise...
paul.mitchell1984

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 07 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well im slowly getting more n more into debt, not masses but enough to panic at 22 wi no house etc to get secured loan, its not got to double figures yet so that singles out alot of "debt companies" i could prob get it all sorted with a loan however i struggle to get credit, due to the debt obviosuly, now iv just changed jobs on more money just wondered if you guys ha yoused any agencies or loan companies that were any good.

il round it off and say prob bout 7k (guestimate) prob more if i sat down and worked it all out.

[Edited on 02-04-2007 by paul.mitchell1984]
Ben G

2nd Apr 07 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't get out another loan..

vicious cycle.
richardworrall
Premium Member

2nd Apr 07 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its all about self control to stop the never ending cycle.
Thoday

2nd Apr 07 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do yourself a budget planner and try and have will power not to spend it.. put some money away into an ISA ( as your penalised for taking it out) the likelihood of taking it out is removed. Get a Bank loan rates approx 6% and hold an account with them and the ISA and you can manage your accounts well.

Or get your parents / family to get the loan and you repay them - again your almost forced to pay it as your family get on at you!
ssj_kakarot

2nd Apr 07 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

work out where you money goes and stop spending it use some willpower, its easier to save than spend.

that said if its the intrest thats killing you rather than the payments, i dont see what harm getting a large loan to pay all the debt of could do.

ie if your paying 18% intrest on credit cards makes more sense to get one large loan paying 5% odd off, then work like hell and pay it off as fast as possible.
paul.mitchell1984

2nd Apr 07 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

which is why i want to get a loan it would work out cheaper but i cant get credit lol its a badger, my own fault and i no it, im tryin to stop spending iv stayed in the past 2/3 months simply cos i cant afford to go out no more I HATE MONEY lol

Thoday

2nd Apr 07 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by paul.mitchell1984
which is why i want to get a loan it would work out cheaper but i cant get credit lol its a badger, my own fault and i no it, im tryin to stop spending iv stayed in the past 2/3 months simply cos i cant afford to go out no more I HATE MONEY lol

go to www.moneysupermarket.com and just apply for one with a good rate thats not a common name
RichACS
Banned

2nd Apr 07 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah mate, don't get another loan out.

Trust me! I should know, after all, i've just entered into an I.V.A. (Individual Voluntary Agreement).

[Edited on 02-04-2007 by RichACS]
mav

2nd Apr 07 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't take another loan out...

Cut up all credit cards and pay what you can to them and they will come down..at 22 plenty of time..

is it cards? or loans?

I learned the hard way through all this loans to pay off loans etc, now all clear after selling old house...

[Edited on 02-04-2007 by mav]
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Apr 07 at 23:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the best interest rate you can via whatever means, 0% periods, longer term fixed lower rate credit cards, loan which you shop around for, arranged overdraft, whatever.

Just move the money where the rate is good and stop spending money. There is no magic solution, its easy, pay money off the debt and try to stop incurring interest, in that order.
CorsAsh

2nd Apr 07 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Call the loan company.

Tell them what's going on, ask for them to freeze the interest and agree on a set repayment each month/week whatever.

If you're proactive, they'll be happier with that than having to chase you for the money.
Marc

3rd Apr 07 at 07:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might want to think about selling the car too if its an option.
Kathryn W

3rd Apr 07 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go see a financial advisor? Citizen advice?

You need to sit down and work out your monthly out goings and in goings... Make sure you dont spend over the limit in the months, and pay back as much as possible that month, will be hard as you wont have much to live on, but could be worth it when your debt disapears!
paul.mitchell1984

3rd Apr 07 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the advise guys much apreciated, the debt is a computer course i started ad never finished credit cards (now gone) and moey loaned from family to pay off other debts.. wouldnt get much for car but not an option any way as i work 30 miles away from home in harrogate and aint much public transport that way. but all taken on board iv decided this weekend im going to make a mense seek advise etc.
Jules S
Premium Member

3rd Apr 07 at 22:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive not used it personally...but today ive heard good reports about MS money???

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » bit of advise... 23 database queries in 0.0119779 seconds