corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What would you do....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What would you do....
AdZ9

User status: Offline
21st Mar 07 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in my situation!

I currently have a Corsa CDX 5dr and i hate it to be honest, the last few weeks i really gone off it, to slow and just dont like the look of it. I've been talking with my dad about a new car and asking what he thinks i should do.

I'm 21 nearly 22, got 3yrs NCB and could have around 2-3k to spend on a car i just want something a bit faster that would last me a year or more and give me something to do, can mod it a little and then sell it on after a year or so and not lose to much money. I was thinking of a 106 GTi or a VTS or something. But my dad reckons I should just keep my car at the moment and save up and then get a newer car in a years time, one thats quite new etc and will hold its value for longer to sell on at a later date. Thing is I don't think i can stand my car any longer lol, hate driving it so don't know what to do My funds aren't huge as i now live with friends so most of my money goes on monthly bills/payments for that.

I've seen a few VTS's etc around for 2/2.5k and reckon i could sell mine for around 1300-1500 or so as its in perfect condition its just that its a 5 door and only a 1.4 16v.

Would you just sell curent car and get something a little nippier and better for another year or so or until your ready to take the next step up in cars, or would you keep your current car and put up with it for a year and then try and get a newer one (depends on funds!)

Thanks for advice in advance
Gary
Premium Member

21st Mar 07 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much can you save up in a year tho?
Toby
Premium Member

21st Mar 07 at 11:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wait till you 22 and have your 4 yrs ncb, look at what you can innsure and then look at what you can afford to buy
Fonz
Premium Member

21st Mar 07 at 12:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know what you mean.
im about to finish uni and thought i could treat myself to a new car. i drive a 3Dr 12v so it leaves a lot to be desired but i love her and enjoying looking at her.
i looked into and feel its worth me waiting a year. ive only got 1yr NCB so funds are tighter for me.
i'd stick with your Dad's advise. but maybe wait 9months and see wot sort of xmas deal you can get?
AdZ9

21st Mar 07 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probablly not enough for what I want to be honest, looking double figures for next car, although it all depends if i get my payrise end of april i suppose. Gonna have to wait until then at least i reckon

I dont get my 4yrs NCB until October
MatthewR

21st Mar 07 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt get a vts mate, there a good car if u dnt own one, trust me!!!
AdZ9

21st Mar 07 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I probablly wouldn't be having this hassle if it was a 3door
Marc

21st Mar 07 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wait until you have the 4 years ncb, I'd be looking further than a 106 GTi aswell!!!!
AdZ9

21st Mar 07 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh spose, i know its the best thing to do but god almighty am i bored with it! i might try get a cheap 3dr shell and interior etc without an engine and swap it over. If i sell my car aswell i might get post 97 bumpers and sell my CDX bumpers seperately, the front and back ones with the irmscher valance things on, prob get more money that way!
bigdan

21st Mar 07 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

golf mk 4 1.6 only cost me 1100 on me mams nd she has 2 years ncb and am only 17 just passed me test
Joe

21st Mar 07 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can save up a decent amount of cash then you may aswell just keep the Corsa for a year and spend a nice amount on a nicer car.
loo_goblin

21st Mar 07 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you not feel the urge to get a bigger car??

that what i want desperatly!
Rob H

21st Mar 07 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdZ9
then get a newer car in a years time, one thats quite new etc and will hold its value for longer to sell on at a later date.

A newer car will loose more money quicker than an older one
AdZ9

21st Mar 07 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kind of, i've always prefered smaller hatchback cars but i want a Focus RS so if you class that as a big car then i suppose i do

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What would you do.... 23 database queries in 0.0101261 seconds