corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance claim question.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance claim question.
Craig W

User status: Offline
12th Mar 07 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a smash in my Audi TT. The other vehicle was a Dihatsu (SP?) Highjet van.

It was my fault, it was a busy roundabout and i was waiting for a gap in the traffic, i thought the guy if front had pulled off but he hadn't and i hit him up the arse. I didn't hit him that hard.

Dammage to mine - cracked number plate

Aparent dammage to his - bumper hanging off, light in bumper hanging out. Bear in mind the bumper was plastic and un-painted.

I just got a call from him saying the quote was £1400 + VAT and the work includes a new tail gate, new bumper, rear quarter, rear glass etc... WTF

My question is this, when he claims on my insurance do i have to pay MY excess? Im not going to bother claiming for my dammage, he's the only one claiming.

[Edited on 12-03-2007 by Craig W]
Steve
Premium Member

12th Mar 07 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

instruct your insurance company to query why it is that much as at your roadside inspection none of this other stuff ws damaged
Craig W

12th Mar 07 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont even think my car was high enough to reach his tailgate. Basically he needs a whole new back end. Why he needs a new rear glass panel is beyond me?

He was a cockney greek/turk/not sure. He was greasy, and runs his own sparky firm. I thought to myself i bet he'll try some sort of scam.
Steve
Premium Member

12th Mar 07 at 21:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what hes done is gone to a garage that he knows the people at and got them to quote for fake stuff so he can rake a load of cash in his pocket, hes probably offered then a sum of it to to do so
Craig W

12th Mar 07 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im going to talk to my insurance company tomorrow but does anyone know if i have to pay my excess if im not claiming on my car, and it's just the other guy claiming?
James_DT

12th Mar 07 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or he's gone and damaged it more after; my mates did that once to make sure it was written off.
To answer the initial question, you only pay your excess on a claim you make. You're not making this one, so you won't have to pay it.
mk4_astra

12th Mar 07 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tel your insurance company what you told use, they probably have a few places near you that they would rather the work got done at and they might insist he takes it there, i dont know how it works for the other party but when my mates crashed his car he was only given something like 3 garages in the area that they would let him take the car to
Craig W

12th Mar 07 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is the greasy git lives in Mill Hill, London. So we're not local to each other.
Gareth

12th Mar 07 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Next he will be claiming 3k for whiplash!
Steve
Premium Member

12th Mar 07 at 22:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your entitled to take the car where you want, they try and get you to use the suggested repair centers but you dont have to.
Craig W

12th Mar 07 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im suprised he isn't trying to say i dammaged the tools in the back of his van with the impact.
Rachel H

12th Mar 07 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When the insurance company repair the car, they literally replace EVERYTHING possible.
uppy

13th Mar 07 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when he claims you get a coice of body shop you want to have a look at the damage aswel... well i did and it work however it wernt myfault
jamesvalver

13th Mar 07 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is the reason that u must get photos of the car envolved in the accident! even if its just shitty pics on ya fone. my mate was rear ended n the bloke tried to deniy it but the pics sed otherwise

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance claim question. 23 database queries in 0.0117731 seconds