corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I'm now gonna buy a bus pass!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I'm now gonna buy a bus pass!
Rob H

User status: Offline
26th Feb 07 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Service Routine maintenance due to wear and tear
Suspension wear and tear - also it doesnt usually just "go", it degrades over time
Throttle Cable Sort of wear and tear - just one of those things
Clutch Wear and tear
Brakes Wear and tear
Exhaust Wear and tear

Anyone spot a pattern?

The rest of the stuff just seems to be stuff you want to do. All of it probably could have been done earlier, as most of it (brakes, suspension, exahust to an extent if you poke about underneath) you know when it's on the way out if you keep on top of it IMO.

By the sounds of it nothing's really broke with it, it's just you've not spent money on it for a while, and it's came round and bit you in the ass now it all needs doing together
Cupra Steve
Banned

26th Feb 07 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH i do keep up on things! My clutch started to slip yesterday!

Brakes are going to need to be done, throttle cable - yes i've been lazy, service - well it's not essential i just like to keep it maintained!
Rob H

26th Feb 07 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah not having a dig, just pointing it out. You see alot of people who whinge about having to spend loads of money on their cars because everything goes at once, and their post usually ends with "Ive had it three years and it's not cost me a penny, and now this - I'm gonna sell up when it's fixed"

WHAT DID YOU EXPECT!?!?

Just bugs me .
Cupra Steve
Banned

26th Feb 07 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I keep on top of it!

I was just wound up as i spent all morning getting soaked, stinking of gearbox oil! Then the clutch starts to slip!!!!

Carl

26th Feb 07 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does one of your mates not have a bus they can drive you about in?
jaffa

26th Feb 07 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is with my 106 most the things going wrong were wear and tear but add them into the other bits going wrong and you have one costly motor!

for one years ownership it cost me well over a grand to keep on the road

had the brakes replaced, cat, backbox which will go over time with any car. I had cambelt done too.

Add that to the fact the alarm kept going wrong, smell of petrol when driving sometimes which I spent a fortune trying to find but never resloved completely, knocking under the car - again spent money having bits replaced but no joy.

There was loads more just seemed evrything that could go wrong did! so I know how you feel steve!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I'm now gonna buy a bus pass! 23 database queries in 0.0093629 seconds