corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Red Card, or Brilliant Challenge?

Poll: Red Card, or Brilliant Challenge?
  Red Card
  Brilliant Challenge

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Red Card, or Brilliant Challenge?
Hammer

User status: Offline
24th Feb 07 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see where the folk that are saying its rash and a heavy challenge are coming from, but the rules state if you win the ball first it's a legal challenge.

If the referee think's the player has been over aggressive and inciting further trouble he should have booked the player to try and gain a bit more control of the match but it's not a sending off in what is a contact sport
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

24th Feb 07 at 17:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but if i was to win the ball then kick the player in the face it wouldnt be a fair challenge
AndyW

25th Feb 07 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i tell ya what if u was on the end of that tackle you wouldnt be saying that and if any one did a tackle like that you would be screaming foul!!!!!

imo it could have been a good challenge, but there was no need to go through him like that.
Hammer

25th Feb 07 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
but if i was to win the ball then kick the player in the face it wouldnt be a fair challenge

Completely different scenario

If it was against my team i would be shouting foul but after watching it he wins the ball fair and square and his momentum carries him through. Football is slowly turning into a pussy sport, if you watch games on video of previous eras, some not even 10 years ago, there's always midfield enforcers flying in with challenges like that and it was accepted, nowadays its all pansy dives from foreigners. It's ruining the game tbh because i know what i'd rather be watching.
MarkM

25th Feb 07 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would say its a tad aggresive...

Yes he wins the ball...however it was excessive...

Yellow at most...
Carl

26th Feb 07 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if he missed the ball it was nothing but a straight red, he didn't though he took the ball clean, he didn't go over the ball or anything like that. Spot on, the player with the ball shouldn't have been so stationary!
Steve
Premium Member

26th Feb 07 at 12:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and f he'd happened to slightly miss judge it go over the top of the ball and snap the other guys fibia/tibia it would have been a good tackle too?
Carl

26th Feb 07 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
and f he'd happened to slightly miss judge it go over the top of the ball and snap the other guys fibia/tibia it would have been a good tackle too?

no it would have been a straight red. IF you start with the ifs, buts and maybes it could go on forever, he didn't go over the ball, he didn't snap a leg, they play football and accept that there is a risk that they could get a leg snapped at anytime anyhow does'nt have to even be a nasty tackle.
what if he had a heart attack 2 seconds before the tackle.
Jamie Walby

26th Feb 07 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Intent maybe?

Great challange though.
RyanSxi

26th Feb 07 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's the intent imo. he wants to put that guy on the ground. like steve has said also, if the guy moves the ball and takes that challenge full on he's f'ed.

no need for him to dive it which says to me he wanted to take the guy out imo
Nath

26th Feb 07 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Thats what makes it a brilliant tackle, the fact it was spot on and timed to perfection. If's and but's are pointless in this argument as they aren't applicable.
Carl

26th Feb 07 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you start with teh whole "intent" thing it even if the ball has been won it would start a new president and it would get stupid. Half the games i've played in would ended up as 4 vs 4.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Red Card, or Brilliant Challenge? 24 database queries in 0.0136390 seconds