corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » phpbb index

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author phpbb index
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Feb 07 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want to add a welcome page to my forum, so i want it to direct to something like welcome.php instead of index.php when i go to my domain. any ideas?
James

13th Feb 07 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Without having access to the server it's hosted on, the easiest way to do it would be to make index.php your welcome page.

Or if the index.php hasn't got the forum on it, just put a redirect to welcome.php but i'm guessing at the moment that index.php holds your forum.

If you don't want to change the files, just create a folder on the domain, so that index.php is your welcome page and forum/index.php is your forum.
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Feb 07 at 14:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You may just be able to rename index - not sure what that will break.

Leave everything in the same folder though so you can use the cookies set for the board on other pages.
Steve
Premium Member

13th Feb 07 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put the forum in a new folder, call it forums or forum or something, then make the welcome page in the base directory called index.php

you can gather whether a person is logged in using the sessions data, and including sessions.php in the welcome page.

hence http://www.vagweb.co.uk can tell if your logged in and give you access to the brochure downloads etc if you are

New Poll