corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Headlight alignment

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Headlight alignment
deano87

User status: Offline
31st Jan 07 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just fitted my Depo's and the bulbs aren't aligned equally. The drivers side seems to be pointing up more, but still isn't dazzling drivers

Is there a way of me aligning the bulbs or does it need to be done at a garage? The only trouble is I don't know if the drivers is too high or the passenger too low

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
craig8
Premium Member

31st Jan 07 at 17:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit late now but it might help someone else, but i did it by parking infront of the garage door, marked on the door where the beam was with some chalk, changed the headlights then adjusted the beams so they were in the same place as the markings

E36 328
deano87

31st Jan 07 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by craig8
bit late now but it might help someone else, but i did it by parking infront of the garage door, marked on the door where the beam was with some chalk, changed the headlights then adjusted the beams so they were in the same place as the markings

Is that by moving the whole light unit of the bulb? I have electric height adjustment too...

I presume a garage will be able to do this properly?
andyc1234

31st Jan 07 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a dial on the back of the light for adjusting the beam angle should be the same to adjust it whever its electric adjustment or not
andyc1234

31st Jan 07 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

park infront of a wall and set the beams to about knee height
deano87

31st Jan 07 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andyc1234
park infront of a wall and set the beams to about knee height

How close to the wall? Also, I fear the adjustment will be near on impossible without removing the actual headlight. Is this correct?
Joe

31st Jan 07 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No you can adjust with the light in, try parking a car next to yours against a wall and level it up with them.
Mo

31st Jan 07 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as said before black dial/knob behind headlight. twist it and you'll hear the adjuster motor moving.
deano87

31st Jan 07 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahhh I'll give it a go. Will also phone up my mechanic tomorrow as I need a hand with my console light bulbs.
corsa_rob

31st Jan 07 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

help with console lighht bulbs??!!! dude that is lame get a haynes manual and get cracking...at least try...if ure carefull u wont break nothing! do it ureself ...asking sum 1 to remove sum plastic cover pop a bulb out and a new one in is stupid...and adjusting ure headlamps is piece too...just bin explained like lol...give it a go ureself ;o)
deano87

31st Jan 07 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_rob
help with console lighht bulbs??!!! dude that is lame get a haynes manual and get cracking...at least try...if ure carefull u wont break nothing! do it ureself ...asking sum 1 to remove sum plastic cover pop a bulb out and a new one in is stupid...and adjusting ure headlamps is piece too...just bin explained like lol...give it a go ureself ;o)

You obviously aren't aware that Vauxhall changed the heater console after 98 - it isn't as simple as the Haynes manual says, seen as I've been reading it I know how to adjust the headlight, but don't know what position they're supposed to be in to begin with.
deano87

1st Feb 07 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got them aligned at a local MOT station. £10 - BARGAIN!

New Poll