corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » De-painting bumpers

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author De-painting bumpers
ed

User status: Offline
20th Jan 07 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should have read up on what you were doing really before starting. It looks like you didn't even clean the bumper or prime it properly before starting.
Wonderboy

20th Jan 07 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
You should have read up on what you were doing really before starting. It looks like you didn't even clean the bumper or prime it properly before starting.

Well it might not look like it but i did. I also did read up about it, and i followed most if not all the instructions. Why are you all so negative ? It was my first atttempt and i'm actually happy with the outcome now, the back bumper has turned out really well.
Tommy L

20th Jan 07 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

front bumper needs flatting again and a good clean before spraying again
Ant

20th Jan 07 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as said before good effort mate we all start somewhere, we dont all have the cash / or space to get a pro job.

no harm dine on the front anyway cam always be re-done
Steve
Premium Member

20th Jan 07 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you not afford to take it to a bodyshop then? should cost about 200-300 quid for a bodyshop to do that
Wonderboy

20th Jan 07 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well im at student at the moment so no i can't realy.

I didn't not take it to the body shop because i didn't have the money. I probably could afford it. I wanted to give it a go my self, whats wrong with that ?
Steve
Premium Member

20th Jan 07 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well its clear you dont know what you were doing?

i wouldnt attempt to, for example recondition a gearbox, because i know i dont know what im doing so i take it to people i do
drax

20th Jan 07 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You say you did all the right prep work, but we can all see, you obviously havent. You think you have, because you were following some random guides.

Do the prep work, proper prep work
Wonderboy

20th Jan 07 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
well its clear you dont know what you were doing?

Sorry for being rude but you don't seem to care either.

How the hell can you say i didn't know what i was doing. You don't know what it looks like in real life. If you were to attempt to recondition a gear box i would say well done for trying. You would eventually learn how and get better and better. I didn't know what i was doing ? I basically read everything i could of diy colour coding. It didn't turn out perfect, but guess what ? I'm not all that bothered. At least i attempted it and i am happy with the results.
Wonderboy

20th Jan 07 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by drax
You say you did all the right prep work, but we can all see, you obviously havent. You think you have, because you were following some random guides.

Do the prep work, proper prep work

Yes i know now that i didn't prep enough - sanding mainly, so i shall live and learn. Now that i know what i have done wrong it will mean i will do a better job than i did this time. Even though this attempt wasn't as bad as most of you are making out.
Steve
Premium Member

20th Jan 07 at 20:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate im not being funny, but the finish really does not look anywhere near to good, if your happy with it then fair enough
Wonderboy

20th Jan 07 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
mate im not being funny, but the finish really does not look anywhere near to good, if your happy with it then fair enough

I know it doesn't look professional, or anywhere near there. Though i never expected it to. Maybe you guys had higher expectations than i did.

Sorry for being so harsh earlier.
Steve
Premium Member

20th Jan 07 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rob B

20th Jan 07 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair play for having the balls to attempt it mate, looks a bit orange pealy but as you say you get better and better, my first wheels i did were shocking but now ive done a few sets theyve got better .
Wonderboy

20th Jan 07 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B
Fair play for having the balls to attempt it mate, looks a bit orange pealy but as you say you get better and better, my first wheels i did were shocking but now ive done a few sets theyve got better .

Good for you You can only get better.... right ?
Ant

20th Jan 07 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

attitudes on this site stink, he has has a go and looking at that rear it aint all that bad.

Yes more prep / better finishing required but thats a lesson learrnt.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll