corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Manchester United to adopt same ticket system as Arsenal

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Manchester United to adopt same ticket system as Arsenal
Marc

User status: Offline
   9th Jan 07 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

According to a guy at work they're adopting the same ticket system as Arsenal by giving games a rating (A, B or C) so the top 3 will be A, Newcastle and Boro will be B etc. With a view to increasing prices in the future. Apparentley if you've been to so many games it increases your chances of getting tickets. So if you've been to some you get a points rating - Some cup games offering more points and thats how they will decide who gets them. Not sure if I believe that as its supposed to be a balot. He reckons they prioritise who gets tickets by your postcode, further away gets them as they're more inclined to spend when there.

That sounds rubbish! Its hard enough getting tickets as it is!!
Nath

9th Jan 07 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gay. A football match is a football match, god forbid the day we do this and start ripping fans off.
Dean_W

9th Jan 07 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should lower wages IMO. The clubs make enough from sponsorships and merchandising. Lower players wages, and then lower ticket prices. If i could afford it, i'd go to every home game, definatley. And a few away games. As it is, I can't justify the money.
Marc

9th Jan 07 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the thing, you pay £30+ then you have to pay £18 for a train ticket! Theres always families there that must have easily spent £100-£200.
Cosmo

9th Jan 07 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Liverpool has 2 bands of ticket prices, only £3 between the two though IIRC.

And you HAVE to own a fancard to purchase a ticket, this records all past sales and when it comes to cup games you are entitled to first options on the tickets depending on what and how many tickets you have purchased that season.
Marc

9th Jan 07 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wonder if Man United is the same as that now, as you give membership number when purchasing tickets.
Cosmo

9th Jan 07 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
I wonder if Man United is the same as that now, as you give membership number when purchasing tickets.

probably, is the easiest and fairest way to allocate tickets IMO.

For Champions League home games the people who have purchased the most home european tickets that season get first choice, then those who have purchased a few, etc. Same for FA Cup, Prem, etc. but they are all seperate so gives people a fair chance.

Has been that way for about 2-3years now.
Rob_Quads

9th Jan 07 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure what you mean by the same as arsenal?

We only have a 2 tier system and there. Only a few matches a year are the top price, the majority are the lower price.

As far as I am aware there is no proritising between all the red members, its a first come first serve once they are put onto the server.
Marc

9th Jan 07 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly, you have a higher pricing structure for certain games, theres talk of Manchester United going the same way.
Marc

9th Jan 07 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
probably, is the easiest and fairest way to allocate tickets IMO.

For Champions League home games the people who have purchased the most home european tickets that season get first choice, then those who have purchased a few, etc. Same for FA Cup, Prem, etc. but they are all seperate so gives people a fair chance.

Has been that way for about 2-3years now.

I just get tickets when I can. Premiership tickets are nigh on impossible to get which usually leaves me with Cup games.
dave17

9th Jan 07 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is 3 membership types, and 3 ticket types are Arsenal.

- Platinum Membership
- Silver Membership
- Red Membership

And category A,B and C games. Tickets work their way through the memberships on a time period, Platinum gets the offer first for a few weeks, and then silver and then red, there isnt normally tickets left once it gets down to red.

The A, B & C refer to the ticket price, obviously A being the most expensive.

AFAIK there isnt any priority within the memberships, its first come first served.
Marc

9th Jan 07 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What colour membership are you and what are the costs??
MarkM

9th Jan 07 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember back in the day you could get a dad and lad ticket for the kop for £15...
dave17

9th Jan 07 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only have red membership, which is £30 a year, i think platinum memberhip is about £250, not sure.
Marc

9th Jan 07 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats pretty steep!! How many games do you manage to get to?
dave17

9th Jan 07 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been to Emirates 4 times this season, only once by getting my ticket through membership, and Robbo did it for me
Rob_Quads

9th Jan 07 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dave - Where have you seen about 3 ticket bands - the arsenal site only talks of two and i have only ever seen two.

"Please note that there has been no increase in ticket prices for the first season at Emirates Stadium (for equivalent category seating at Highbury). Match ticket pricing at Emirates Stadium is based on the principle of an A and B grading, as follows:

Category A fixtures
Chelsea
Liverpool
Manchester United
Tottenham Hotspur
West Ham United

All remaining Premier League games will be Category B.

The majority of FA Cup, UEFA Competitions and Carling Cup will be Category B fixtures. However, there will be some specific matches which will be designated as Category A fixtures. Details will be communicated at the appropriate time."
dave17

9th Jan 07 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh you might be right, not sure why i thought there was 3?!

My bad.
Jamie Walby

17th Jan 07 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why cant tickets be made available to general public on a first come first serve basis.....

There must be a reason why clubs do it like this though.
Rob_Quads

17th Jan 07 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because you are then much more likely to end up with lots of the oposition fans in the home end.

That said when i went to watch Arsenal vs Hamberg there were a number of paper ticket normal seats which had hambergers in the arsenal seats.
Cosmo

17th Jan 07 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where I sit for European games (same seats as season ticket) there are 4 rows the width of a block (about 100-120 people) who are always away fans and only 4 stewards (one on each corner) around them.

So far there hasnt been any trouble, but if we get past Barca and end up with another UK side then there will be ALOT of trouble in that section.
Robbo

17th Jan 07 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The A B & C are for away games... Arsenal then categorise into 2 tiers for charging re. home games :S IIRC!
Marc

17th Jan 07 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Especially when you're wearing your Man United shirt.
Robbo

17th Jan 07 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Either way, gay eh!
Danny P

17th Jan 07 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Gay. A football match is a football match, god forbid the day we do this and start ripping fans off.

Agreed.

We have category games at Huddersfield (I have a ST so it dont bother me much) but why should you be charged more for seeing YOUR team play somebody of better quality. I go to see Huddersfield, not the team were playing

And fuck paying £250 to be a member & not even being guarenteed a ticket

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Manchester United to adopt same ticket system as Arsenal 24 database queries in 0.1877291 seconds