corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Media PC

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Media PC
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Jan 07 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was just wondering, is there some sort of Media PC you can buy that you can connect to your TV, that lets you watch all region DVDs, or play MP3s, but is also a PC so you can transfer files to/from it? Something that is purely used for the above purposes and has a minimal Windows or whatever install?

I'm sure I've seen these things about but not sure if you can use a widescreen telly without the need for a monitor, and a remote control instead of a keyboard/mouse etc.?

ssj_kakarot

7th Jan 07 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup just get a normal pc and run a media centre front end e.g windows media centre, gameex, mythtv ect .

Also imo its wasted unless you run it on a hd-tv, its just to nasty looking on a standard tv.

[Edited on 07-01-2007 by ssj_kakarot]
Sam
Premium Member

7th Jan 07 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will it be really unbearable to watch on a normal widescreen TV? Because all I would use this "box" for is playing movies and listening to music, that's it.

I'd use the PC I'm on now for normal applications/Internet etc.
ssj_kakarot

7th Jan 07 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no not really if you use a front end all the time it should be fine, dvds ect look fine and music shouldnt be a problem still its a pain in the arse setting it up and sorting problems out when viewing on a std screen.

have a look on ebay search for htpc, should give you an idea of what you can get.
ssj_kakarot

7th Jan 07 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some like this here
Sam
Premium Member

7th Jan 07 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh OK, cheers for your help mate!

New Poll