corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My 1.6 8v SRi

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My 1.6 8v SRi
Teknologikal

User status: Offline
27th Dec 06 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Passed my driving test in June 2004 at the ripe old age of 31, had tried before but a freak out by my instructor put me off for 15 years Always loved cars though and acquired my first car that same month for £550....

I ran her right up until last week when I gave her over to my brother. The same brother that got the idea into my head about a Vauxhall Corsa SRi....

Found this 1.4 8v on Ebay with a 'Buy It Now' of £500 but only had half the money...into debt straight away with a loan from family members.....my impatience will be my undoing

Note the holes along the top of the hatch where the spoiler had been ripped off

Engine looks like it has seen better days too

Cash exchanged and drove her home. That's when the fun really started...

Both doors, hatch and bonnet needed replacing (scratches, rust and dents)so sourced them for a total of £150 (including spoiler)...not bad.

B-Pillars needed attention too so that was one of the first jobs..

Drivers side was a bit worse

She was left for a 3 mths idle and neglected (lack of funds plus the car was being kept 40miles away at my brothers) then the missus told me she was pregnant and I was left with an ultimatum...get the SRi sorted or get shot of it I would have been at a serious loss as she stood so needless to say work pressed on in earnest!

First up, was to change the engine as the 1.4 had seen better days, doubt the head gasket would have seen another 500miles. Sourced a C16SE from an Astra (also from Ebay) for £100....just been treated to a new cambelt and head gasket....

This is what it looked like midway through installation

A few teething issues (2nd injector pissing fuel everywhere) but got that all resolved...and running lovely

Decided to go for a semi-smooth boot

And fitted the bonnet (very badly I might add, on my own)

She was then picked up by the bloke (Steve) who was to spray her. In the meantime I got all the bits together for when she was done. Depo lights, TSW Limit alloys, new door mirrors, post 97 front bumper and a badgeless grille.

Didn't see her again until I popped up his garage to take the parts to him and whilst there I took these pics on my 'phone.

So glad I didn't have to prep her, he was finding stuff that I would never have noticed with my untrained eyes

About a week later, I popped back up to see her painted

Scuttle panel painted matt (as was roof rails)

Depos fitted

3 days afterwards I got the call saying I could pick her up

And this is what I saw when I got there

Took her outside in the light

Then took a couple more pics at the spot she'd been left neglected for 3 mths (she was parked where the skip is)

The interior was bogging from where she'd been sprayed...there was dust everywhere so treated her to a full valet and steamcleaned engine bay (since that was also bogging). I'll up some more detailed pics of her when I take them (camera was full).

The last pic below is how she stood yesterday in my car park (then the camera gave me a 'full memory' message

She's not finished just yet but half the battle is over....just wish I'd taken more progress pics

I'll get a shot of the engine bay and interior up before the day is over

[Edited on 27-12-2006 by Teknologikal]
Teknologikal

27th Dec 06 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engine bay

Interior

Not turned out too bad at all, considering what she once looked like
Liam

27th Dec 06 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice, not a fan of the wheels though.
chapcorsa

27th Dec 06 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah good progress but wheels dont suit the car at all mate. each to their own though, good progress
Teknologikal

27th Dec 06 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think a lotof that is the fact she's not slammed yet.....they'll prolly look a lot better once she is but thanks for the comments
craig_s

28th Dec 06 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you got the tubes over your spark plugs??i dont have them on mine.
All Torque

28th Dec 06 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shiney!
chapcorsa

28th Dec 06 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Teknologikal
I think a lotof that is the fact she's not slammed yet.....they'll prolly look a lot better once she is but thanks for the comments

maybe... drop it 60 then post more pics up, cannot knock that paintjob though from what i seen in the photos mate
Teknologikal

29th Dec 06 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dunno about 60mm....much as I'd love to the roads round here are murder for speed bumps plus the camber to my driveway is naughty too.

She'll be dropped in the New Year so will post more pics then
daz_SRi

29th Dec 06 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How hard was your conversion? Ive got a C14SE, wouldnt mind a C16SE conversion, is it much work do the ECU/loom/box/shafts etc need changing?

P.s very nice motor, clean and simple
loo_goblin

29th Dec 06 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice choice of engine i am pro 8v

soo shiney in the bodyshop pics!

needs major lowering tho 60+
Teknologikal

1st Jan 07 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daz_SRi
How hard was your conversion? Ive got a C14SE, wouldnt mind a C16SE conversion, is it much work do the ECU/loom/box/shafts etc need changing?

P.s very nice motor, clean and simple

I kept the same gearbox...in fact, it wasn't even removed for the new engine. So, saved myself a lot of hassle. The 1.4 8v loom worked fine for me, didn't even have to take it out for the new loom which I had just in case. The ECU swapped over no probs. Very easy conversion and was my first (supervised by my brother who not long before did a Ecotec to Redtop conversion on his new Cavalier).

Thanks for the comments lads. I'm dropping her 40mm in a couple of weeks, 60 would be stupid around this area...too many speedbumps.

[Edited on 01-01-2007 by Teknologikal]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My 1.6 8v SRi 24 database queries in 0.0129261 seconds