corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Blackbox 1

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Blackbox 1
Dom H

User status: Offline
26th Dec 06 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just wrote out a massive post and I don't think it posted.. so I'm going to be fairly breif now.

I have 2 Infinity 6x9s on my parcel shelf and I'd like to wire them up to an amp to get their full 100w RMS potential as they're currently getting around 23w from my headunit.

I've been recommended a Vibe Blackbox 1 by a mate from work, but am confused about the 2x70w RMS output at 4 Ohms and the 2x100w RMS output at 2Ohms. Basically what I want to know is if I get this amp can I get the most from my speakers.. if not what would you recommend?

Cheers!
Dom H

27th Dec 06 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Up?
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Online
28th Dec 06 at 16:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 2 ohms part means that if the two speakers are run in parallel from one channel, you can get 100W RMS per channel. However, this would only work if you are running 4 speakers from it (2 from eacdh channel).

Basically, for the application you are using, you will run one speaker from each channel, meaning the impedance of the load on each channel is 4 Ohms.

To sum up:

You will be running the amp at 2x70W RMS for the set up to be correct.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Online
28th Dec 06 at 16:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The other option you have, which I am using, is the JBL 75.2.

It runs at 97W RMS per channel with one speaker per channel, which is the layout you would use.

I'm using it with my Infinity components, and have no problems at all.

They can be picked up pretty cheap on eBay as well brand new, I got mine a year ago now for £75 delivered.

Hope I helped Dom
Dom H

28th Dec 06 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate.
Richie

31st Dec 06 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The BB1 is old and outdated now.

The following amps would be fine for you:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/audio-loaded-400s-p-4769.html

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/jbl-gto752-p-4139.html

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/series-qxt275-p-40.html
Dom H

10th Jan 07 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, at the moment I have a mates BB1 linked up to my 6x9s for the time being. It's not mine though, so I still need to buy an amp of my own. But, I now want to get a decent sub too. Will I need an amp for the sub and an amp for the 6x9s, or can I get one to do both?

What are people recommendations?

I was thinking something like:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/vibe-cbr12-active-p-5387.html and then something else to power my 6x9s? ..or is it better to buy a separate sub and amp?

[Edited on 10-01-2007 by Dom H]

New Poll