corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » My SQL-Nearly there!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My SQL-Nearly there!
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
24th Dec 06 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Start - Run - cmd

net start mysql

As a first thing.

You should be able to run the mysql.exe by double clicking on it if you've no db passwords set up yet, find where you installed mysql, go in the bin folder and run mysql.exe

Failing that cd there in the cmd box and run it command line, you will be also be able to enter passwords if you start it like

mysql -u root -p

Then put your pass in.

I'm going out now - Steve text me if you need anything.

[Edited on 24-12-2006 by Ian]
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

25th Dec 06 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it didnt work so i've reinstalled everything.

i've installed Apache 2.0, MySQL4.1 binary, PHP4.4, mysql administrator 1.019 and i've unzipped phpbb2.0 to c:\server and renamed it phpBB2

how do i get into phpmyadmin? if i go to localhost/phpmyadmin it shows the parent folder

right i've got this working again http://localhost/phpBB2/install/install.php to install it, but im getting error messages
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'Tom'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\Server\Apache2\htdocs\phpBB2\db\mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in C:\Server\Apache2\htdocs\phpBB2\db\mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in C:\Server\Apache2\htdocs\phpBB2\db\mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

i've also tried creating a database in mysql command then trying to install into it but no luck

[Edited on 25-12-2006 by Tom J]
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Dec 06 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Permission problems with the phpbb database for the user named Tom.

You need to get this working command line first. Don't worry about the web stuff until the raw data works.

In fact - you have altered the config file with the Tom username and pass - where did you set this elsewhere?

Try username or root with no password in the phpbb config.

Less secure but you can sort that afterwards.
Tom J
Premium Member

25th Dec 06 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i havent changed anything and all im getting at http://localhost/phpBB2/install/install.php now instead of the admin and passwords bit is "No input file specified"
Steve
Premium Member

25th Dec 06 at 22:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why dont you try installing an all in one package like xxamp, do a google search, one click and php, mysql and apache are setup ready to go
Tom J
Premium Member

25th Dec 06 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about phpbb?
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Dec 06 at 23:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would get a simple PHP app working first, then a PHP/MySQL one, then one which needs a big install script.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll