corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help!!!!!!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help!!!!!!!!!
robz541

User status: Offline
18th Dec 06 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just bout to fit my headunit

is it as simple as pulling old standard headunit out and puttin new one in... or do i have to cut wires etc....

and guide will b good cos im a nooobbbbbb
gavin18787
Premium Member

18th Dec 06 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get an adaptor to convert the wiring plug so that it fits directly into the back of the headunit. This may not be needed though what car have you got as it may already have an ISO wiring plug (the size and shape of plug on most after market headunits)

so yer it is pritty simple if you have the correct connectors as they just clip together

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
robz541

18th Dec 06 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv got 1.2 corsa sxi s Reg... so does that mean it all just slots into place??
deano87

18th Dec 06 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, should do - use the new cage though, not the old one. You may also need to get an aerial adaptor depending on your new headunit if you want to listen to the radio.

Do you know how to take the old one out?
robz541

18th Dec 06 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye dun tht mate ... just wanted to no what i had to do cos i wana get it straight workin... gettin adapter tmoz i already no bout tht so i jst slot it straight in then?
gavin18787
Premium Member

18th Dec 06 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep change the cage over and the wiring block should just clip into the back of the new head unit. the cage is removed by a blot at the back. Just use a socket and extension bar. then a bit of gental presuasion with a flat head screw driver should see it come out. then fit the new one by replacing the bolt and using the screw driver to bend up the little metal falps to hold it firmly in place.
Its then just a matter of connecting up the wiring block and the arial. This was the hardest part on mine as the wiring seemed especially short. But after a bit of faffing and scrapped knuckles i got them in though

deano87

18th Dec 06 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wiring for the aerial is extremely short, because it comes across the car, from passenger side to drivers side and zip-tied in the middle to the rest of the wiring. Take out the tray under the glove box and drop out the ash tray (3 screws I believe) then with some wires cutters and hand scrapping, cut the ziptie, be extremely careful though!

Also, the cage for my headunit (Kenwood) was only half deep compared to the Vauxhall one therefore I couldn't attach it at the back - nor did I want to take out the dash to screw the CD player in. It hung down a bit and wobbled, but I think that wobble prevents the CD's from skipping. It hasn't even skipped.
gavin18787
Premium Member

18th Dec 06 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh may try that next time i have to take the HU out

deano87

18th Dec 06 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
oh may try that next time i have to take the HU out

Cutting the ziptie or leaving the headunit loose?
gavin18787
Premium Member

19th Dec 06 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cutting the ziptie to get more slack on the arial

[Edited on 19-12-2006 by gavin18787]

deano87

20th Dec 06 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
cutting the ziptie to get more slack on the arial

[Edited on 19-12-2006 by gavin18787]

Yeah, did work, just took ages and was really scary, especially as it was the first time I've ever fitted a headunit

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help!!!!!!!!! 25 database queries in 0.0120471 seconds