corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The silver Corsa from start to finish *loads of pics* :(:(:(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The silver Corsa from start to finish *loads of pics* :(:(:(
Rob B

User status: Offline
17th Dec 06 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well where do i start, when i was 16 i had a thing for Corsa's and as any young lad its really the choice between them or a saxo. I decided the corsa had the looks and i could get quite a nice one for my money so i bought a 2000 W Reg Silver Corsa B Sxi for 3k with just 27k on the clock

The moment i got it i was planning things for it and i hadnt even turned 17 yet, i found this site and took a few ideas and started purchasing some parts from my part time wage.

I bought some FK supertec suspension and fitted this a few days after getting the car with the help of CorsAsh
I also fitted some smoked side repeaters and a FK grill

I had all ready purchased a set of mille miglia 16 inch alloys for the car and fitted these shortly after and it started to take shape

The car then got some DEPO smoked headlights and the ilusive Gsi replica side skirts that became a must have on any non colour coded corsa.

PVS 05

I toyed around with the rear of the car as i really wasnt happy with it the way it was, i de-badged this and tint sprayed the rear lights

After this is when the car started to take shape and stand out a bit more ..

I built a snazzy boot build out of a few bits of MDF

Then the main mod that transformed the car for now was a rieger front bumper, but i strayed away from the colour coding and decided to be differnt and fit it and keep the black bits... this payed off and i loved how the car looked

I then saw some sense about the rear lights and bought some MHW smoked rears and fitted these to the car, they made quite a differnce but i still wasnt entirely happy with the rear as i thought the exhaust let it down.

A few more pics on a little road trip into the country side of how the car stood rougly a year after i past my test...

It reached September 2005 and time for Trax, the only other addition to the car at this point was new personilsed number plate

I was still after that look that stood out from the rest so i purchased a one off bonnet and had this sprayed and fitted to the car and immiediatly loved it

Also to add to the evil look i sprayed the mille miglia wheels Satin black to tie in with the black and silver theme

I then decided the car needed some speed to suit the agressive look so i purchased a 1.6 16v with a Dbilas inlet fitted.
This engine was alot of hasle as being a student a hardly any money but a few months down the line we got the car working and wow what a differnce
New engine..

After all this and getting the engine sorted i wanted to turn towards the euro look more as i loved the way the cars abroad looked and how they were styled.

I bought a set of Rial wheels which were in poor condition but we refurbed these DIY style and they came out quite well...

The car then aquired a new upsweet oval exhaust to try and get into that euro look

I then bought some corbeau bucket seats and some harnesses... these sorted the interior out quite nicely, i also stripped the rear out and made a MDF floor

The engine bay aquired some carbon and a viper induction kit...

The car then took its biggest and final change...i thought i would do something thats never really ben done before in this country and fit some proper euro wheels 15x7's on the front and 15x8's on the rear,.... after alot of grinding and cutting at the archs we got these to fit 60mm down without rubbing

This is now how the car stood for many months as i just enjoyed driving it..

The engine we fitted 14 months ago started smoking and after removing the head we found this was due to a hole in one of the valves, we replaced the head but it still smoked and due to me having 0 cash the car sadly got broke for parts i regret doing this to this very day as i loved the car so much ...

With the money from braking all the parts i had i bought a L reg Gsi with 69 K on the clock and in immaculate condition...

You can see the neglected silver corsa in the background

But the red one is another story

[Edited on 17-12-2006 by Rob B]
Tommy L

17th Dec 06 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good read. love the silver B
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

17th Dec 06 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will be back soon.....
Rob B

17th Dec 06 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But it wont look like that
VegasPhil
Premium Member

17th Dec 06 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loved it

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Wagsta

17th Dec 06 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awwww never, id of saved up and had another engine put in, even if it was smaller. Was to nice to break for parts. Loved the silver b and love the gsi
AdZ9

17th Dec 06 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the silver corsa is beautiful i wish i had one like that
M Sutton

17th Dec 06 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fantastic read and one of the best styled corsas around before the unfortunate ending
loved it, as it was unique in its own way, i always liked the bonnet and then the wheels finished it off a treat!!
Corsa_Carl

17th Dec 06 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

damn that looks sooooo good

Novaneil

17th Dec 06 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great read mate!

My favourite look of the car was when it had the miglia's in black! Very smart. But also looked good with the euro rims.

Hope the Red GSi gets the same degree of modification

Neil
VegasPhil
Premium Member

17th Dec 06 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Neil, He's had er... 2 cars since the Red Gsi now!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
gavin18787
Premium Member

17th Dec 06 at 20:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love both of your corsas

Silver one was mint and very origional and the red one is just mint, probably my fave gsi ever

why did you sell it

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
SAL
Premium Member

17th Dec 06 at 20:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Carl
damn that looks sooooo good

Lee Wilson

17th Dec 06 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The silver one was probably my favorite Corsa on here
Loved the red Gsi too
Novaneil

17th Dec 06 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doh! Thats what you get from being a Newbie
Rob B

17th Dec 06 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ironically i now own a saxo vts
Ste L

17th Dec 06 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks mint mate, remember seeing it at the services on the way to pvs '06

reeves_8

19th Dec 06 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very nice car mate, well done
Mark1984_SRI

19th Dec 06 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably my favourite corsa of all time. In terms fo the look, everything just seemed to work... so damn nice, loved it
Rob B

19th Dec 06 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » The silver Corsa from start to finish *loads of pics* :(:(:( 25 database queries in 0.1853518 seconds